L2 App Support - Technical Lead
Role/Title: Front office Applications L2 support - Technical Lead.
About State Street Global Advisors State Street Global Advisors (SSGA), one of the industry's largest institutional asset managers, is the investment management arm of State Street Bank and Trust Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of State Street Corporation, a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors.
We employ a diverse group of investment professionals within our 26 worldwide locations and 10 investment centres. As an organization, we are committed to corporate social responsibility. Active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader, is a fundamental value at State Street.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employe Work Hours:
Monday - Friday 6:00 AM to 03:00 PM IST. (Should be flexible to work in any shifts including early Morning starting at 4:00 AM IST as per the need, along with being on call for weekend and urgent situations outside these hours). Experience
: 5-8 years Role Description:
SSGA is looking for a highly motivated Trader support L2 Support engineer to be part of Global Support team that supports mainly Front Office Trading and Investment Oversight applications. Candidate will be responsible for day to day maintenance and support of these Trading applications, including tasks related to identifying and troubleshooting of application issues, issues resolution or escalation. Provide support and swift resolution to application/system issues reported by various Business users (Portfolio Managers/Traders/Investment Operations/Compliance). NOTE:
We are looking for ONLY candidates having Hands on experience in providing L2 level support of Front office Trading/Portfolio Applications. Candidates having experience in only Middle Office and Back Office applications or Batch Monitoring background are not suitable for this role. Mandatory Skills:
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in Front office L2 Application and Business users Support (L2 Level is Mandatory).
- Hand on Experience of supporting Front Office tools and/or Trading floor support (Either onsite or remotely.)
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience supporting applications in Financial Services or Investment Banking (Equities, Futures/Options, FX and Fixed Income)
- Good knowledge about FIX Protocol & Electronic Trading.
- Experience interacting with business users such as Portfolio Managers/ Traders/ Research/ Investment Operations to understand and investigate any user issues
- Practical experience in UNIX, SQL/Database and Scripting. Should be able to understand and write complex queries.
- Work closely with L1 support and BA / Application development teams in resolving issues.
- Should be able to provide a time estimate for proposed work undertaken.
- Lend support to various business and technology teams as necessary.
- Expertise in Unix Shell Programming and use of Autosys and JIL programming.
- Knowledge in PL/SQL Development in Oracle 10/11g
- Relevant experience in Fidessa Capstone suite (Minerva/Sentinel/AMS) or any other Front Office Order Management Systems.
- Knowledge of ITIL framework and familiarity with Service Now tool
- Experience in Incident Management and Problem Management.
- Support and maintain applications, data and database systems to meet business delivery specifications and needs
- A minimum of Degree (Engineering, MS,MCA ) level qualification in a Computer or IT related subject is required, plus relevant experience or training in many of the main duties specified in the Job Specification.
- Excellent communication skill -patience and aptitude for driving Major incidents and conference calls..
- Ability to diagnose and address application issues. Must have sound analytical skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of, or exposure to, complete trade life cycle for more then one of the mentioned assets classes (Equities, Futures/Options, FX ,Fixed Income)
- Problem solving techniques - assesses a series of solutions in order to choose the most appropriate for the given problem, re-evaluates the progress for the chosen solution over time.
- Attention to detail - retains concentration on even the most tedious of tasks to ensure any absence of defects.
- Research skills - uses reference materials to find solutions, prompt innovation and aid personal development.