Manager - Officer-FX Confirmations and Collateral
FX Operations is part of a global operations support team that provides coverage for all regions EMEA, APAC and North America.
The FX Collateral Management team works to ensure that collateral is delivered / received as per the terms and conditions agreed upon with our customers for in-scope FX products and customers.
FX Confirmations team is responsible for monitoring SSGM daily FX activity, ensuring trades are matched and instructed within market deadlines.
Skills and Experience -
- Team members will interact daily with:
- Middle Office
- Liaise and report to SSGM Oversight and Management teams
- Clients / Counterparties
- Interact with System Vendors and Internal Project management teams to bring improvements in to production for BAU process and ensure regulatory requirements and project time lines are met.
- Global internal operations teams
- Client onboarding
- Data Management
interpersonal, numerical, problem-solving, analytical, etc.
This position requires excellent communication skills and an ability to work independently. Applicants should have strong technical skills, be a quick learner, be detail orientated and be able to multitask.
- Should contribute towards process improvements and excellence
- Strong knowledge of back office operations in Investment Banking related to trade life cycle: FX Collateral and FX Confirmations and Settlement
- Ability to research on own with good analytical skills
Knowledge of some of the following areas is necessary: CSA administration, OTC derivatives collateral management, foreign exchange, debt/equity securities and related settlements processing, reconciliations, and regulatory requirements for FX Collateral management. Prior experience in a client-facing role also beneficial.
Technical Skills - It and Systems and markets
Required Competencies -
- Intermediate, demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft Access and Excel
- Comfortable using internal banking systems
- Knowledge of SWIFT
motivation, team skills, ability to work under pressure, etc.
In addition, the Manager will be expected to display the following Managerial qualities:
- Ability to multi-task
- Work as a team player in a global team environment
- Ability to work and communicate with people across organizational units
- Demonstrate a high standard for customer service and proactively managing work queues
- Handling and monitoring issue and query mails and escalating issues promptly as required to Senior Management
- A proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having the determination to follow things through
- Demonstrate management experience
- Ensure that all FTE's have a clear understanding of their core responsibilities and their reporting lines.
- Establish and monitor an effective oversight framework ensuring that work is completed 'on-time' or issues are identified & escalated in a timely fashion.
- Develop effective working relationships with all staff - both junior and senior.
- Demonstrate 'Risk Excellence' culture in your behaviour and nurture the same ethos within the team, encouraging an environment of openness and transparency that fuels effective challenge, debate and open discussion.
- Establish and nurture a culture of individual and collective ownership at the 'captive' giving all staff a clear sense of both responsibility and accountability.
- Ensure that all staff adheres to the expected SSGM Code of Conduct. In depth knowledge of back office operations in Investment Banking related to the following activities in a trade life cycle: FX Confirmation & Settlements and Collateral
- Should have 8-10 years of experience in 3rd Party BPO environment serving Capital Market - Investment Banking clients, handling a team of over 10 people at a minimum.
- Lead people through uncertainty by judging probabilities of situations, by exploring various options & deals with ambiguity through scenario planning.
- Demonstrates a drive to accomplish results with a focus on timely delivery and quality. Ensure rigor of discipline in implementation by creating high performance work cultures built on best practices.
- Communicates with other team members from diverse background in an effective manner. Influences and motivates the team. Creates an empowering climate. Projects an inspiring presence and collaborates by fostering a network of communication
- Demonstrates flexibility and effectiveness with changing environments, tasks, responsibilities & people. Is open to change and new ideas while maintaining core goals and values. Adapts behavior and work methods in response to new information, changes or organization demands
- Ability of an individual to facilitate the continuous development of individual & organizational competencies, developing others- potential through the sharing of expertise and providing timely feedback.
- Excellent communication skills to convey the right information and influence others towards desired action either verbally or by written means