Manager : Fund Accounting
State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $28.40 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management as of June 30, 2014, State Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets and employs 29,420 worldwide. For more information, visit State Street's website at www.statestreet.com .
Promoting a culture of excellence
With more than 29,420 employees across 29 countries, at State Street, our people are our greatest asset. We recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility - to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills. We're a company that insists on, and rewards, performance excellence. We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us - people like you.
State Street supports flexible work arrangements where determined feasible, consistent with business and operational needs. Subject to an individualized assessment of these considerations, roles may be identified as potentially suited for a flexible work arrangement. Requests for a flexible work arrangement can be made upon hire. All employees at State Street have the ability to request flexible work arrangements, with the final decision based solely on business discretion and subject to management approval. More information is available here. We encourage you to explore the possibilities that a career at State Street can offer you.
State Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and prohibits discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of any legally protected characteristic. Purpose of the Job
(list the primary job duties and responsibilities)
Roles and Responsibilities (list the primary job duties and responsibilities)
- The main function of the role is: Account for the day-to-day management of a functional/oversight team(s) and manage daily service delivery and production activities performed by staff. Work in conjunction with individuals on the team as well as other Shared Service teams/COE's, outsource locations, Client Operations and other business units to ensure seamless processing according to the fund's policies, to ensure NAV/yield accuracy and that all SLAs are met. As well as, Work collaboratively with teams and management across the organization on various projects, oversight, committees, KPIs, etc.
Education & Experience (State the minimum qualifications & experience required to successfully perform the job, qualifications that are necessary for someone to be considered for the position) - Education Requirements:
- Oversees the activities of staff by working closely with direct reports.
- Manages the day-to-day activities and controls to ensure consistency of policies adherence to procedures.
- Manages and facilitates timely resolution of issues.
- Proposes and works to implement workflow changes and supporting technical solutions leading to improved productivity and profitability.
- Keeps abreast of regulatory compliance and developments for the assigned area and apprises staff as necessary.
- Identifies and analyzes operations risks related to current and potential business and recommends procedural changes and controls as needed
- Creates and uses quality service measurement tools to ensure compliance with operational standards with SLAs and SOPs and create management reporting as needed
- Coordinates and manages projects within the department and/or with BU Shared Services, COEs and Client Operations teams.
- During the course of normal day-to-day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and reporting and/or escalating in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Conducts periodic performance reviews; provides ongoing counsel, training, development and motivation of staff.
- Participates in the hiring, salary, promotional and termination recommendation process
- Bachelor's Degree in Commerce / Economics with a specialization in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience preferred
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word)
- Location: Mumbai - multiple shifts available
- Demonstrated managerial, leadership and decision making abilities
- Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal planning, and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively bring individuals from multiple areas together to resolve identified issues.
- Should have exposure to trading instruments like Equities, Options, Bonds, Futures, Spots and Forwards, Bank Debts and Credit Default Swaps (CDS)
- Should have knowledge of Corporate Actions, Income & Expense accruals, SEC Yields, Distributions, NAV calculations etc.
- Should have prior Mutual Fund accounting experience including General Ledger analysis and reconciliation
- At least 5 (3-4 for Officer) years of related Custody and/or Fund Accounting experience, part of which must have been in a management or supervisory capacity. Prior relevant work experience of 8+ years.
- Knowledge of securities language and legal requirements.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and management skills.
- Solid understanding of operational functions within Custody and/or Fund Accounting. Ability to provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and working knowledge of various software applications.
- Ability to develop and enhance client relationships.