Operations - Accounting Services - Associate - Bengaluru
- Bangalore, Karnataka, India Bangalore Karnataka IN
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
Operations - Accounting Services - Associate - Bengaluru
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Are you passionate about investment banking, operations, risk management, process improvements and working with global teams within an investment bank? We are looking for a professional who wants to use their skills and experience to help deliver on operations agenda while challenging themselves to further their career at Goldman Sachs.
The Goldman Sachs Group is a financial holding company and a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Goldman Sachs provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net worth individuals. Founded in 1869, it is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in other major financial centres around the world. We are committed to growing our distinctive culture and upholding our core values which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasise integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
Accounting Services Division (ASD) is part of the Operations division of Goldman Sachs and comprises of nearly 90 professionals based at 4 offices across the globe. The core function of ASD is to process vendor invoices and reimbursement of employee expenses. Accounting services also effectively partners with key stakeholders across divisions based cross the globe in managing and controlling risks pertaining to vendor payments and employee expense reimbursements
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSBILITIES
Accounting Services Associate role requires an individual to be responsible for delivery and management of functions within the department catering to the processes required to enable vendor payments and employee travel and expense related reimbursements and managing the associated risks. Candidate must be a subject matter expert in the area of Finance and Accounting (F&A) related functions with proficiency preferably in areas of Accounts Payable, Vendor Management, General Accounting, transactional tax processes as applicable for various regions across the globe. The responsibility includes driving forward key initiatives, identifying opportunities for improved efficiencies, bring in transformation through Process reengineering and involvement in projects both globally and regionally. The individual needs to exhibit the ability to identify problems and control gaps and come up with innovative solutions to mitigate the risk. The role also demands the ability to effectively communicate with stake holders across different regions including Firmwide Divisional and Senior Operations management team.
- Regular planning and execution of deliverables across regions.
- Daily production and analysis of risk and ageing reports for Vendor and Employee Expense settlement function
- Ensuring timely execution and executing quality assurance function asper set standards
- Establish and maintain robust tracking mechanism for key indicators of the operations to support decision-making
- Recommend & implement Corrective & Preventive actions for identified errors, Incidents etc.
- Understanding team challenges and deployment of operational and financial controls
- Ensuring completion of monthly compliance reviews and audits as per process requirements
- Liaise with the divisional finance teams to explain aged balances and influence decision making
- Risk Management - Continuously re-evaluate process controls and balance the risk versus benefits to protect the firm
- Vendor Management - Monitor and analyse vendor performance in order to assure compliance with KRI's & KPI's and continuous improvement of the services
- Keeps pace with technical innovation and market driven initiatives across the team
- Disciplined approach to requirements, with experience in capturing, analysing and documenting functional requirements
- Conduct process documentation as per ISO standards
- Experience working within large, multi-region project and ability to manage multiple projects along with the ability to adapt to the changing priorities
- Strong knowledge, in-depth understanding and experience of Finance and Accounting (F&A) functions
- Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Good team skills and ability to work with a wide user groups from different parts of the World
- Strong communication, problem solving skills and focus towards attention to details
- Effective and efficient time management and executional skills
- Committed and proactive with a desire to succeed
- Forward thinking with the ability to assert new ideas and follow them through
- Risk management and understanding related regulatory requirements
- Ability to develop / sustain good working relationships with other teams and stakeholders.
P PRFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Preferably, knowledge and experience in Accounts Payable, Vendor management and Invoice processing.
- Ability to motivate teams to high levels of productivity and accuracy during periods of increased volume and retain risk and control focus is also essential to the role
- Excellent partnership building skills and strong customer service perspective
- Minimum 5-6 years of relevant experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.