Principal Software Architect
- Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit
- 15 Dec 18
Principal Software Architect
We are searching for a seasoned Principal Architect to join our global team of software engineers, data architects, and analytics experts.
This candidate is experienced with applying highly-scalable, event-based architectural approaches to address big data persistence with high-volume compute. You will be responsible for creating, expanding, and optimizing our large-scale distributed data and compute architectures.
You bring passion and expertise in moving from siloed, proprietary, and locked legacy systems to open, flexible, and de-coupled services. You are self-directed, vocal and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. You are driven and enthusiastic by the work of optimizing, or even re-designing, our company's data architectures to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
Specific Job Duties:
- Provide thought leadership in technology direction, technical services, vendor partnership and industry standards adoption.
- Champion the appropriate use of technology and provide leadership in balancing technical elegance with functional requirements and practical benefits, as we implement and integrate technologies.
- Leadership role in on-time, high quality delivery of products thru the entire application lifecycle.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Design and build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using Spark, Scala and Databricks 'big data' technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- We are looking for a seasoned candidate with a breadth of expertise in designing software and data solutions utilizing a variety of frameworks.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable 'big data' data stores.
- Working knowledge of systems and data Monitoring and Analytical tools.
- Experience with cloud native services and architectures: Azure and AWS.
- Experience with big data tools: Spark, Scala, Kafka, Cassandra, Hadoop, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including MongoDB and Cassandra.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong analytic skills related to working with Structured/unstructured datasets.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
Required Education: Attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
Required Experience: minimum 8+ Years
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.