- Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Permanent, Full time
Senior Application Support Analyst
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, IndiaThis individual will be part of the Application Support team in the MIT group. This position will interact daily with users from all business lines, and all levels of seniority to resolve application usage issues and to provide any necessary support required of the user.
• Complete understanding of the standard policy, ownership and implementation of the Incident, Request, Problem and Knowledge Management disciplines for EBS applications.
• Own the delivery of Application Support operational activities to the Business and IT stakeholders
• Provide seamless support to the application users.
• Coordinate with Moody's Support lead to setup monthly governance meetings with the business sponsors to develop a plan for continuous service improvement
• Act as a subject matter expert on SaaS systems and interface between application users, production support, and Business Systems Management and Application Development teams.
• Prioritize production incidents, requests and problems appropriately, to maximize the output of the Production Support team and minimize service disruption
• Identify long term trends, prioritize RCA queues and work with Business Systems Management to prioritize development effort for periodic releases
• Act as the first point of escalation and provide up-to-date statuses to all stakeholders including senior management on incidents and requests across all Ratings applications.
• Lead the coordination with the Production Support team to establish best practices and improve performance.
• Oversight on ITSM toolset ensuring SLA's on incidents, requests and problem records are met and their details are accurate.
• Management of serious incidents in the application support area working for a speedy resolution and following up with resulting problem actions.
• Weekend Duty manager role as part of a global rotation acting as point of escalation for serious incidents.
The application support team provides day to day operational support for key front office business services and applications within our company. You will be part of a large global team which also includes a managed service vendor. Part of this will involve major incident management where we facilitate and own the process for resolving high severity incidents from printing unavailable to an entire office all the way up to a Tier 1 application being down. We provide communications to our stake holders and management to keep them updated on the incident. This role is fast paced as we work to tight time driven process'.
Minimum education and work experience required for this position include:
• University degree or equivalent
• Preferred 5+ years of experience in IT service management support role within the financial sector.
• Business Analysis experience is advantageous.
• ITIL v3 Foundation certification preferred
• Operations Management experience in a high availability environment supporting one or more SaaS applications (such as PeopleSoft, ServiceNow, Concur, etc.,)
• A minimum of 3+ years support experience with Oracle Hyperion Financial Management application suite is required
The key competencies for this position include:
• Strong customer focus and follow-up skills are necessary.
• Must be well-organized, with superior relationship-building and management skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Candidate must be able to stay focused under pressure.
• Must have the ability to understand business issues and translate them to IT priorities.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Process management skills
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.