Senior Associate - Advanced Analytics
The Global Reporting Centre of Excellence (COE) engages with State Street stakeholders, providing innovative solutions to reporting requirements. The COE is based out of our India office and operates at a truly global level. Through ground-breaking technology tools, the COE team synthesize data and present results with appropriate business insight/context in writing and orally to senior management and global stakeholders.
The CoE Analyst role works with a number of State Street largest and most complex global clients and senior leadership, and acts as the key link of COE relationships with client leadership and State Street leadership team. It is a role which requires strong inter-personal skills, high levels of exceptional client communication and engagement, and a disruptive entrepreneurial spirit.
The Incumbent would be responsible to maintain and improve existing reporting and analytics infrastructure as part of Reporting CoE using various tools, methodologies and oversee the business performance analysis including seasonality, response patterns, and variances between expected and actual results. Job Requirements:
Education and Skills Required:
- Ability to understand a business problem and the available data and identify which statistical or ML technique can be applied to answer a business question
- Estimate solution feasibility and potential approaches based on available data.
- Build Machine learning models , train and test the model to drive towards the optimal level of model performance.
- Interact with Business to understand business objective and create analytical strategies to help achieve them.
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Identify the right model approaches for given scenario and implement the same.
- Analyze and model structured data using advanced statistical methods.
- Perform exploratory data analyses, generate and test working hypothesis, prepare and analyze historical data and identifyy patterns.
- Perform machine learning techniques and implement algorithms for the required analyses.
- Drive client engagements focused on advanced business analytics.
- Proven ability to deliver automated solutions for the data science problems.
- Ability to identify vaguely defined data sets and requirements to proactively provide interpretations tailored to individual client needs.
- Bachelor / Master's degree in Maths/Statistics/Engineering or other equivalent discipline.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in BI and Data Science.
- Strong understanding in Statistics and Machine learning techniques:
Hypothesis testing, Univariate and Multivariate analysis, Cluster Analysis, Decision Trees, Bayesian Networks, Reinforcement Learning, Feature reduction/PCA, Anamoly deduction, Natural Language Processing (Theme deduction, Sentiment Analysis), Linear and Logistic Regression Modelling, Time series, Random forest, etc.
- Strong experience in specialized analytical tools and technologies
- Strong Proficiency in Python and R scripting languages.
- Knowledge in SAS/SPSS analytical tools
- Extensive knowledge in BI,Datawarehousing and SQL.
- Experience in atleast one visualization tool like Tableau.