Senior Associate - SF Agency Inventory Mgmt DTC FED NAM
The Securities Finance Agency Inventory Management team is responsible for covering any client negatives in order to cover sell trades. We have a global client base and will work in an atmosphere of high volume client sell transactions. The successful employee will need to adhere to established procedures and controls; execute share movements via reallocations and loan returns; and monitor and resolve any outstanding issues. The Staff member will also need to ensure all operational functions for securities on loan are managed correctly and that any exposure to risk is being managed, which includes communication with the borrowing brokers.
Work closely with offshore / onshore partners to provide a seamless processing environment.
Recall stock from borrowing brokers when reallocations are not an option.
Monitor the recalls and book returns accurately, by rebate and div rate.
Daily activities include monitoring negative positions for securities lending clients, executing reallocations as needed, executing recalls as needed, monitoring and resolving failing recalls and process exceptions throughout the day.
- Maintain strong working relationships and liaise with internal and external counterparts including Clients, Sales, Trading, Legal, Compliance, Operations, Technology and Business Architecture
- Researching and clearing share exceptions between systems.
- Fails Management.
- Respond to client and trading requests and ensure all responses are timely and accurate.
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making.
- Support the 'Risk Excellence' culture within the business.
- Review and/or implement controls when applicable to reduce risk.
- Identify and implement Inventory Management process and control improvements.
- Processing and validation of transactions to ensure STP Front to Back.
- Assist with any new projects/new initiatives.
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations