Senior Associate - Security Finance - AL Ops APAC
The Securities Finance Operations team is responsible for the monitoring of settlement of equity and fixed income trades originating from the securities lending market. The APAC team specifically monitors settlement of trades traded by global desks in APAC markets, on behalf of our global client base. This also involves the management of collateralization from borrowing broker entities. The successful employee will need to adhere to established procedures and controls; execute share movements via reallocations and loan returns; and monitor and resolve any outstanding issues. The Staff member will also need to ensure all operational functions for securities on loan are managed correctly and that any exposure to risk is being managed, which includes communication with the borrowing brokers. Team members will work closely with global partners to provide a seamless processing environment.
- Maintain strong working relationships and liaise with internal and external counterparts including Sales, Trading, Legal, Compliance, Technology and Business Architecture
- Performing reconciliations of stock and cash using internal and external systems.
- Respond to client and trading requests and ensure all responses are timely and accurate.
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role.
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behavior.
- Support the 'Risk Excellence' culture within the business.
- Assist with any new projects/new initiatives.
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations.