Services - Finance and Planning - Senior Analyst - Bangalore
- Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 09 Dec 18
Services - Finance and Planning - Senior Analyst - Bangalore
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Consisting of Corporate Services and Real Estate (CSRE) and the Office of Global Security (OGS), our teams drive productivity and enable the firm's flow of business while ensuring its safety and security. CSRE acquires, develops and manages the firm's global real estate portfolio and delivers innovative market development, document management and hospitality related services to internal partners in the firm. CSRE's vision is to provide the world's best workplace to the people of Goldman Sachs. OGS's mission is to protect the firm's people, assets, and reputation and in doing so provides people protection, physical security, fire safety and crisis management. We look for achievement-oriented, creative individuals who perform at their best in a diverse team environment and are motivated by tangible results.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Corporate Services and Real Estate (CSRE) acquires, develops and manages the firm's global real estate portfolio and delivers innovative and commercially managed market development, document management and hospitality related services.
CSRE's areas of responsibility are Real Estate, Business Services, Finance, Data Strategy, Operations Planning, Management Strategy & Communications & Social Governance
- Real Estate plans, builds and operates the firm's facilities worldwide, and is critical to ensuring that our core businesses operate efficiently 24 hours a day, 7 days a week Business Services delivers high-quality, commercially managed services to internal partners throughout the firm
- Finance comprised of regionally based teams and a central hub in Bangalore, India, provides financial analysis, decision support, procurement, contract administration and reporting for all initiatives within the Services Division and for business partners across the firm
- Data Strategy focuses on ensuring that the operational and financial data is of high quality, accurate and complete and is made available to key stakeholders on a timely basis
- Operations Planning p a rtners with our divisional businesses to drive change that enhances the quality and commercial efficiency, maximize productivity and improve asset utilization
- Management Strategy oversee organizational development and the strategic divisional initiative
- Communication & Social Governance streamline and internal and client communication and drive the social governance initiatives of the division
The Services Finance team in Bengaluru works on Global Finance & Planning activities, which includes commercial analysis, planning, accounting and control for the global business lines of the Services Division. The team manages and analyses operating expenses and capital expenditure related to Goldman Sachs' real estate and infrastructure.
The role demands engaging with various stakeholders throughout the globe, including teams responsible for managing the GS real estate portfolio and related finance activities (accounting and control activities, global budgets and forecasts, legal entity reporting, management reviews and analytics for decision support etc.)
The successful candidate will develop core skills in financial management and assume enhanced responsibilities over a period. Strong performance will result in challenging assignments over a period of time and career development opportunities.
- Own the accounting control for expense/ balance sheet accounts pertaining to global business lines and manage related activities
- Analyse financial and operational data from various business lines around the globe. Present findings clearly to enable effective decision-making
- Work in close coordination with global finance team and leadership on annual budget and quarterly reforecast related assignments. Consolidate inputs and translate business assumptions to quantify financial impact
- Ensure accurate allocation of CSRE expenses to other divisions of Goldman Sachs. Analyse and explain expense trends and key drivers for changes to internal finance teams
- Own key accounting and control processes (including balance sheet substantiation, audit and disclosure requirements), including supervising work of contract employees, as necessary
- Work closely with other members of the real estate and business services finance team to ensure integration and collaboration with other business managers across various geographies
- Drive improvement and automation of current processes to enhance efficiency, accuracy and control.
- Finance Professional with 1-2 years' experience - Chartered / Cost Accountant with prior experience and interest in accounting and control activities. Prior graduation in commerce would be preferred.
- Prior work experience with multinational firms in financial planning and analysis roles would be an added advantage.
- Strong analytic skills and ability to summarize and present information at a management level
- Clear and effective communications skills both verbally and in writing. Experience of working in a global setup will be of advantage
- MS Office skills - Advanced MS Excel knowledge, basic proficiency on MS PowerPoint.
- Exposure to financial tools and applications such as Essbase or data visualization tools like Tableau
- Functional understanding of any ERP system (especially PeopleSoft 8.9) would be an advantage
- Strong networking skills to establish contacts and partnerships with other teams in Goldman Sachs
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to organize own time and work independently, without close supervision
- Courage to challenge current practice and suggest new ways of working, value-added ideas/ approaches
- Ability to work in a team based environment and to interface with employees at all levels
- Flexibility to Adapt easily to a dynamic and changing organization and able to work well under pressure
Goldman Sachs is an equal opportunity employer. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.