This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Gather requirements, provide analysis, assess alternatives and code libraries, and give well-thought recommendations.
- Collaborate with various line of business technology teams to design and build robust and performant blockchain-based solutions.
- Peer-to-peer distributed system design and implementation involving multiple technology stacks.
- Research, strategize and educate on methodology and best practices for blockchain design, implementation, and deployment.
- Design, implement, and monitor one or more line of business applications.
- Implement rigorous and thorough testing practices to ensure the security and performance goals of blockchain infrastructure.
- Design and implement blockchain supporting tools and utilities (e.g., CLI client, tools for exploring the blockchain, monitoring, benchmarking or debugging tools)
- Implement rigorous and thorough monitoring and testing practices to ensure the security and performance goals of blockchain infrastructure
- Design and verify cryptographic protocols deployed on the blockchain
- Design blockchain solutions, such that it can support benchmark use-cases of decentralized applications, with proven and verified cryptographic protocols
- Build out monitoring protocols and fail-over measures.
- Collaborate with development teams to develop integration design and where appropriate prepare estimates on design and development services for integration initiatives
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter that requires minimal supervision
- Strong command of computer science fundamentals
- Security-first development mindset
- 5+ years' experience in Development / Design of large and complex distributed computing environments
- Experience in blockchain use-case implementations using smart contracts/DApps etc.
- Proven track record of delivering software development projects
- Experience with Linux / Ubuntu
- Understanding of security procedures and practices.
- Experience with one or more front-development frameworks, such as React.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure services such as Amazon, Gaia, or Microsoft
- Familiarity with using Git or other version control software for source code management
- Distributed messaging experience such as Kafka