Software Engineering - AM Derivatives Technology
J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
Our wholesale businesses include
- We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
- We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
- We operate in more than 100 markets.
- We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
J.P. Morgan's Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families. Our corporate functions
support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology. J.P. Morgan in India
provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm's operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
The Technology team at our GSCs service all Lines of Business and Enterprise Technology in helping build and operate innovative industry leading solutions. The breadth of capabilities within the Technology team at the GSC enables it to support the firm in leading edge areas such as Digital, Big data analytics, Robotics & Machine Learning. Roles & Responsibility:
As an Application Developer (Job Title: Associate) within the Asset Management Derivatives Technology team, you will participate in all facets of the software development lifecycle. The Derivatives India tech team is part of global team that has been mandated to build nextgen Derivatives platform and re-engineering Middle office confirmation and settlement system. Team leveraging DevOps and Agile methodology, and fully responsible for design, development and support of the Derivatives middle office platform. Innovation is encouraged within the team and frequently take part in events such as Global Hackathons. The team has a high technical standard and is respected throughout Asset Management for the quality of the product developed. The successful candidate:
- Will be part of the high-caliber development team that oversees a product used by thousands of people in the firm
- Must be curious, hardworking and detail-oriented, motivated by complex analytical problems
- Has to demonstrate interest in all things technology, and have ability to communicate with opinionated technologists across the company
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Drive to constantly improve stability and quality
- Passion for automating everything
- Fearlessness and embrace of all things Computer Science and awareness of wide-range of technologies
- 5+ years of solid software development work experience
- Strong experience in Core Java, J2EE technologies, Spring, REST Services
- Experience with UI web technologies such Angular, React etc.
- Experience in working with cloud native design patterns
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Expert problem solving and analytic skills
- Buy-side Front office development experience is huge plus