Sr Software Engineer
- Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit
- 20 Nov 18
Sr Software Engineer
Specific Job Duties:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using Spark, Scala and Databricks 'big data' technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- We are looking for a candidate with 6+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Scala, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including MongoDB and Cassandra.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with Structured/unstructured datasets.
- Very good problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable 'big data' data stores.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.