Treasury - Liquidity (Stress testing analyst) _ Assistant Vice President
Global Treasury (GT) is responsible for overall balance sheet management including credit, interest rate, and liquidity risk. GLM is part of the Global Treasury organization with responsibility managing the firm's liquidity risk. A primary focus of GLM is to analyze, measure, and report on the liquidity position and liquidity risk profile in order to ensure that State Street and its international entities can meet all contractual and contingent financial obligations through typical market cycles as well as periods of stress. Through meaningful, timely, transparent, multidimensional and globally harmonized measures, GLM provides key stakeholders the necessary transparency and understanding of the liquidity position, its risks and how liquidity can be affected and influenced.
The ideal candidate will contribute to the execution of the Global Liquidity Management roadmap working directly with Finance & Risk Infrastructure & Business Solutions (FRIBS) to understand their current data challenges, eliciting their requirements to define, scope, and deliver solutions that meet Team's business intelligence needs. Key Responsibilities & Experience Range
Skills & Knowledge Qualification & Certifications
- Design and implement reporting framework needed to support report development and delivery that is responsive to multiple cross organizational stakeholders/downstream constituent groups.
- Participate in cross organizational working groups in order to understand and prioritize reporting deliverables by adhering to a robust demand management process.
- Implement, and provide training on, query tools to enable the development of the reporting team's analysis capabilities, automation of data quality metrics and enablement of ad- hoc analysis.
- Design and build queries, reports, and dashboards using business intelligence tools adhering to established frameworks and standards
- Actively participate in and influence discussions around reporting requirements, infrastructure needs, and design
- Interface directly with clients and project team members to understand the needs and objectives of the business
- Consistently deliver high-quality business intelligence solutions and services to clients on schedule
- Bring structure to ambiguous business problems and recommend visualization solutions that can be easily interpreted by users
- Serve as end user support for the organizational user base
- Follow, maintain and improve all documentation and procedures for report design and production
- Sponsor teamwork and encourage collaboration
- Influence business process improvements by integrating data/tools with people/purpose and GLM visio
Primary Skills (Must Have)
- Minimum of graduate degree/CA (preferable), 6-8 years of experience as a business/reporting analyst, in a dynamic business environment, with demonstrated reporting, analytical, and database experience.
Secondary Skills (Good to Have)
- Self-motivated, well-rounded, analytical self-starter with ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative, Agile team environment with aggressive deadlines, regular releases and multiple priorities
- Sound understanding of BI best practices/ methodologies; experience with relational structures, structured query language (SQL), data warehouse and reporting techniques
- Experience in developing with business intelligence tools and data visualization concepts (i.e. Cognos, Spotfire, Tableau, QlikView or similar)
- Experience with Tibco Data Virtualization (Composite Information Server) is a plus
- Dimensional data modeling and understanding of OLAP
- Strong analytic skills with the ability to gather, synthesize, and organize data to solve complex problems
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with business and systems personnel
- Familiarity with Treasury products and balance sheet concepts