- Basic Purpose of Job:
Global Treasury (GT) is responsible for overall balance sheet management including credit, interest rate, and liquidity risk management. GT is currently looking for a Team Lead, the Liquidity Management analyst will work closely with the broader liquidity management team and with other Functions across the institution who have input on the liquidity position specifically; Treasury Risk Management, Recovery and Resolution Planning, Business Units and Audit team.
The key priority for the role is to ensure appropriate liquidity measures, monitoring and reporting are in place to effectively measure, model, analyze and interpret changes to the company's liquidity risk profile. Specifically, the role will prepare and monitor comprehensive set of liquidity metrics and ensure timely and accurate reporting. He/She will be working with technology partners to source data and enhance existing reports or implement new ones. The Liquidity Management analyst will coordinate with internal stakeholders within business units, Enterprise Risk Management and Liability Management on liquidity risk strategies and requirements. He/She will ensure documentation and control processes are established and followed, will develop materials that will be used in presentation to executive management. He/She will participate in business unit and new product assessments to determine liquidity risk drivers. Effectively working with multiple stakeholders among State Street senior management is vital for success in this role.
Responsibilities & Tasks Include:
• Measure, monitor and maintain liquidity management reports and dashboards
• Prepare liquidity analyses for senior management and regulators as and when required
• Work collaboratively with Stress Testing team on developing, maintaining and recalibrating assumptions related to liquidity monitoring metrics
• Coordinate with the broader liquidity management team to ensure consistency of data sourcing and reports
• Work with internal stakeholders and team members to expand and improve the quality data and reports delivered
• Partner with the information technology team to improve data sourcing and reports automation
• Provide liquidity support and expertise to the Recovery and Resolution planning team
Education and Experience:
• Minimum of undergraduate degree, preferably in Finance /Accounting or related field, MBA preferred
4-6 Years of experience in banking, financial services.
• Excellent written, verbal communication and time management skills
• Experience effectively managing complex, cross-functional business relationships and competing priorities
• Ability to effectively manage senior stakeholders, including both internal management and regulators
• Ability to multi-task, manage priorities, work independently while maintaining attention to detail and meet deadlines in a demanding and deadline-oriented environment, as well as overseeing and supporting multiple direct reports in doing same
• Ability to proactively resolve issues or conflicts by working with senior business partners from other areas within or outside of GT
• Experience with liquidity management
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with rapidly changing demands
• High level of proficiency in MS Applications specifically PPT and Excel