ASO - Developer
- Not Specified
- Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Feb 18 2018-02-14
Work as a front-end web developer with server-side developers, test engineers, project managers, technical leads, business owners and analysts through the whole SDLC, understanding and refining front-end and user interface requirements, designing and writing code, clearly documenting the development process.
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Team Overview :
The Web Tools and Technology (WTT) team is responsible for delivering BlackRock’s online presence, including websites and investor tools, and driving the overall digital user experience for the company, focusing on six areas: Institutional client sites, core platform, product information, fund data, marketing & retail sites, and web tools.
Job Purpose/Responsibilities :
The successful candidate will be involved in all front-end aspects of developing and maintaining BlackRock’s Global web sites and applications, from requirements definition and functional design to project planning, technical design and implementation. Candidates should have strong interpersonal and communication skills, and be able to make decisions quickly in consultation with team members and subject matter experts. They should be able to build relationships, actively participate in team work and understand the dynamics of a global business environment. Attention to detail and creativity in problem solving are critical skills.
• Work as a front-end web developer with server-side developers, test engineers, project managers, technical leads, business owners and analysts through the whole SDLC, understanding and refining front-end and user interface requirements, designing and writing code, clearly documenting the development process.
• Participate in setting front-end coding standards and guidelines for BlackRock web sites, identify and document best practices.
• Stay abreast of the new front-end web development technologies; integrate them with BlackRock’s web sites to further enhance the usability and efficiency of the sites as necessary.
• 2 - 8 years of hands-on experience in developing pixel perfect CSS driven, table-less HTML for all new projects, following development standards and templates as well as industry best practices
• Experience on frameworks like Angular, React, Node.js, Typescript preferred
• Experience with responsive web development, mobile and video technologies a strong plus.
• Work closely with user-experience and design team to review visual designs
• Develop and maintain development friendly, valid client-side code for implementation on the all projects
• Strong working knowledge of all current graphic web-design applications
• Working knowledge and experience of HTML 5 and CSS 3 a plus
• Working knowledge of SDLC
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working with global project teams spread across several time zones
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.