Analyst- Credit Research, BlackRock (Gurgaon/Mumbai)
- Not Specified
- Gurgaon, Haryana, India Gurgaon Haryana IN
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 May 18 2018-05-18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Level 2 Organization Business description: Fixed Income
With over 400 investment professionals across the Americas, APAC and EMEA, and with a combined ~$1.45 trillion of AUM, Global Fixed Income (GFI) provides clients with the most comprehensive and diverse investment strategies in the market today. Each of the investment teams within GFI is responsible for delivering performance and continuing to evolve and improve their investment process so that future performance can be delivered.
Description of specific group with position opening:
Our Investment Grade/High Yield/EM Credit Research Team is searching for Analyst, Credit Research, to be based in Gurgaon/Mumbai. Financial modeling, analytical, and strong written and verbal communication skills are paramount. The candidate will be responsible for providing quantitative and analytical support for the Investment Grade/High Yield/EM business.
Brief description of where the role rests within the group:
The Analyst will be part of the Credit Research team in Gurgaon/Mumbai.
- Fundamental research on companies that can be used by Senior Analysts in offshore locations to make recommendations to portfolio managers
- Preparing and maintaining/updating financial models with projections
- Writing Credit reports
- Maintaining comparative company analysis
- Relaying information from conference calls, industry conferences, and discussions with management/rating agencies
- preparing questions for management
- dialing into road shows and updating views on new issuances
- Ongoing monitoring of coverage names for:
- Restructuring, event risk, capital structure, dominant/controlling shareholders, disruption
- Preparing Earnings Summaries
- Working on adhoc projects based on topical issues/trends/reforms impacting industries
- Preparing industry databases, thematic reports, sections of presentations
- Writing credit commentaries and responding to client requests on specific companies
- Motivated team player and flexible in approach with ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - presents ideas in a clear, concise, and constructive manner
- Strong Excel, financial modelling, and analytical skills
- MBA or equivalent qualification in Finance with superior academic record; CFA will be an added advantage
- Experience in writing credit reports
- Excellent credit skills demonstrated through prior relevant experience (3 to 6 years) working as a research analyst
- Familiarity with financial databases like Bloomberg, Capital IQ, etc
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/D/V.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.