Analyst- RQA Strategic Projects & Operations
- Not Specified
- Gurgaon, Haryana, India Gurgaon Haryana IN
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Unit Overview:
Risk & Quantitative Analysis (RQA) performs the risk management activities and quantitative analysis functions at BlackRock.
RQA’s mission is to help BlackRock manage its fiduciary and corporate risks, and provide independent risk oversight. In the course of executing this mission, RQA provides quantitative analysis to many of BlackRock’s businesses and helps promote the spread of best practices across the firm
RQA Operations team provides customized analysis of investment performance for RQA and across the various investment teams and management committees. The team
- Provides the necessary oversight and analytics used in reporting and presenting investment performance in Blackrock.
- Actively participate and lead in setting the investment performance analysis, reporting and presentation policies and standards in Blackrock.
- Provides report production support to Global RQA
- Provides Business Analyst support and solution for operational tasks or activities in RQA.
This individual will be part of the Global RQA team. We are looking for candidates with proven managerial skills and exceptional Business, technical, quantitative and communication skill to join RQA. Candidates will work with Risk Managers across the globe to solve business problems through automation and technology solutions. They will also act as a strong link with the technology teams in Aladdin Product group to help define business requirements for developing strategic solutions
The incumbent should be experienced in multiple programming languages (Python, R, Scala, Java) and multiple technologies (Hadoop, Spark etc.) to support requirements of diverse nature and demands of the team.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Expertise in running multiple concurrent projects based on requirements.
- Manage delivery of tactical technology development and requirements for successful on time/ on Scope/ on Budget delivery.
- Proactively escalate relevant issues
- Analyze and capture functional and technical requirements through collaboration with SMEs (other technical leads and business analysts) and help identify the right solutions
- Facilitate cross-organizational communication and act as the point of contact for RQA with technology teams to develop strategic solutions.
- Understand flow of information and data between various groups and systems.
- Support and complete various efficiency and capacity-building initiatives, including automation/ standardization efforts.
- Constantly evaluate systems, processes and procedures for inefficiencies, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Supporting RQA community through incisive consulting and advisory work on technology delivery
Experience, Skills and Qualification:
Candidates should have an expressed interest in tackling the difficult real world problems, analytics and reporting. The candidate is required to have outstanding business, communication, presentation and leadership skills. An attention to detail, a strong work ethic and ability to work as part of a team in fast paced environment are other important characteristics.
- +3 years of proven and relevant experience in at least two of the following: Java, Scala, C++, SAS, Python, R, SQL, Julia or similar
- R (markdown, dplyr, glmnet, caret, other packages)
- Apache(Hadoop, Pig, Spark, Cassandra, Hbase, Storm, Kafka)
- Should be able to demonstrate strong awareness and usage of Open source frameworks
- Interest in computational statistics, in particular the applications of machine learning and natural language processing to behavioral finance
- Self-help attitude towards new technology combined with a quick ability to size up new projects.
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms and distributed compute engines a plus.
- Knowledge of market data tools like Lipper, Bloomberg, and Morningstar etc. is advantage though not mandatory for the role.
- Proven track record working successfully with projects that include a significant technology delivery component.
- Demonstrated track record working successfully managing changing demands and circumstances; capable of responding resourcefully to ambiguity.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Displays thought leadership
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Being able to multi task and prioritize work
- Flexible work schedule
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.