Analyst/Associate – Data Engineering Specialist-Full Stack Developer (Active Equity)
- Not Specified
- Gurgaon, Haryana, India Gurgaon Haryana IN
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Aug 18 2018-08-13
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The UI Developer – Data Visualization specialist within Active Equities is responsible for contributing to the global execution of model insights and data engineering components of a complex, high profile AE projects. This individual will help design and implement the various ongoing operational processes related to data, visualization, and analytics across all aspects of the project lifecycle, from pre-proposal scoping to final quality control. S/he will also help promote and maintain a culture of utilizing best-in-class methodologies and tools in executing assignments across our key practice areas.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing the visualization dashboards. The development of visualization is conducted in close partnership with the business sponsors. The data product lifecycle starts with initiation of the research project and the formulation detailed project proposal. The findings of the research is then converted into a dashboard, tested and eventually run in production. The Data Engineer will use a combination of traditional technologies and programming languages such as Python, Java Script, HTML, CSS and other Visualization tools. It is increasingly leveraging Big Data technologies such as Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark, or Hive.
- Supporting existing visualization dashboards from a content and process standpoint. Participating in production support activities, insuring that data processes are stable and deliver the expected content to downstream processes and applications. Troubleshooting issues and insuring timely and transparent resolution is paramount.
- Developing and supporting the data acquisition platform and processes, with a strong focus on complementing the traditional battle-tested data warehousing solutions with new best-of-breed technologies
- Experience in data visualization and data integration projects
- Experience working with financial data
- Good analytical, mathematical and problem solving skills
- Strong self-motivation for knowledge in finance, business or accounting are required.
- Flexibility to navigate across various technologies as per the demands of the project
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment on multiple concurrent projects.
Technical skills required include:
- Knowledge of visualization frameworks like highcharts, D3 and others an added advantage
- Good understanding of UNIX/LINUX environments.
- Exposure to UI frameworks like JQuery, Angular or React are nice to haves
- Exposure to NoSQL / Distributed data store technologies like HDFS, Apache Cassandra.
- Exposure to a programming language like Python or Java is an added advantage
Other personal characteristics
- Unquestioned integrity and the highest ethical standards
- A keen interest in investment research and a built-in drive to achieve superior performance
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.