Analyst/Associate – Data Science Specialist (Active Equity)
- Not Specified
- Gurgaon, Haryana, India Gurgaon Haryana IN
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The Data Science Specialist within AE is responsible for contributing to the global execution of model development and data science components of complex, high profile AE projects. This individual will help design and implement the various ongoing operational processes related to data and analytics across all aspects of the project life cycle, from pre-proposal scoping to final quality control. S/he will also help promote and maintain a culture of utilizing best-in-class methodologies and tools in executing assignments across our key practice areas.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Execute on data science and model development components of AE projects.
- Help define and develop methodologies for analysis and modelling requirements of projects; establish innovative modelling approaches where needed (e.g. Machine Learning, Bayesian analysis and inference, complex networks, text analytics, etc.)
- Provide data science and modelling support for business development, lead qualification, strategic product development
- Be accountable for modelling output and results
- Help set vision and resource allocation for data science & model development
- Liaise with the different Active Equities (AE) investment teams on project execution
- Serve as subject matter authority on AE data science capabilities, staying current on latest developments and trends
- Play a hands-on role in client project execution – working in close collaboration with FMA engagement teams – by creating content, serving as a thought leader and providing solutions-based advice for our clients
- Work in close partnership with AE leadership including senior management, business development leads and practice areas heads
- Contribute to business development and relationship management, working alongside the broader team
- Effectively present model methodologies to internal working teams and clients, including executive-level stakeholders
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned data scientist who has demonstrated the ability to lead teams executing data-driven analytical or modeling projects utilizing a range of methodologies and tools. The ideal candidate will possess:
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the full range of data science models (e.g. machine learning; statistics; optimization).
- Strong working knowledge of data science and modelling tools (e.g. R; Python with numpy/ scipy/ sklearn/ pandas; MATLAB) with fluency in at least two
- Working knowledge of related data management tools and Big Data technologies such as Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark, or Hive
- Background in investment research is ideal
- Demonstrable experience applying data science approaches in relevant contexts, working with large and potentially unstructured data sets: anomaly or fraud detection; classification; clustering
- Strong attention to detail; action-oriented attitude; and willingness to roll up sleeves
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to synthesize complex methodologies and analytical content into clear messages for a range of client and internal audiences
- Excellent problem solving abilities, intellectual curiosity and experience understanding complex issues
- Team player with collaborative and strong interpersonal skills; mentors and coaches resources along the way; leads by example
- Superior organizational skills, self-starter and ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Masters in a relevant technical/quantitative discipline: Computer Science; Math; Statistics; Engineering; Physics. Graduate degree in a relevant discipline highly desirable
Other personal characteristics
- Unquestioned integrity and the highest ethical standards
- A keen interest in financial markets and a built-in drive to achieve superior performance
#BigData #Hadoop #Java #Python #R #SQL #NoSQL #CloudComputing #MachineLearning #NeuralNetworks #AnomalyDetection #StatisticalInference #TimeSeries #Analytics #LinearAlgebra #MapReduce #ComputerScience #CS #Statistics #Engineering #ComputationalScience #MATLAB
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.