Analyst - Developer
- Not Specified
- Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
Data Engineer with strong data management and ETL development skills. Participate in the full lifecycle of ETL software development - analysis, design, build, documentation and testing. Top technical / programming skills – in particular, Java or Scala or Python, Hadoop, SQL and flat files/csv/excel
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Functional Title of Role: Analyst, Data Engineering – BRS – Digital Wealth
Direct Reporting: Vice President
BlackRock Company Description:
BlackRock is a leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients worldwide. At June 2017, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.689 trillion. BlackRock helps clients meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. Headquartered in New York City, as of September 30, 2013, the firm had approximately 11,200 employees in 30 countries and a major presence in key global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa.
The Retail Technology team’s mission is to dramatically transform BlackRock’s current retail distribution strategy and performance around the globe, by enabling the sales team to deepen and expand their relationships with Financial Advisors & Home Offices by leveraging data to provide thoughtful analytics and by delivering cutting edge technology tools & applications to the sales force. The team currently consists of ~200 people primarily located in New York, Princeton, London, India, Singapore and San Francisco.
We are seeking a talented Data Engineer with strong data management and ETL development skills to join our team. The candidate will work on all aspects of the data management process including the acquisition, onboarding, attribution, and reporting of newly acquired data sets. Opportunities to migrate existing data acquisition and onboarding processes to new / strategic sources and protocols will also be a priority. The work is expected to combine some project management and basic reporting in support of the team’s overall goals to provide high-quality data that supports analytics and the sales process in a timely fashion.
Top technical / programming skills – in particular, Java or Scala or Python, Hadoop, SQL and experience working with flat files/csv/excel are a must. Given the highly execution-focused nature of the work, the ideal candidate will roll up their sleeves to ensure that their projects meet deadlines and will always look for ways to optimize processes in future cycles.
- Participate in the full lifecycle of ETL software development - analysis, design, build, documentation and testing.
- Drive the onboarding and attribution of newly acquired data sets in to our database environment; manage all aspects of the loading process; monitor attribution throughout the process and identify ways to optimize the process each cycle
- Identify, investigate, and resolve data discrepancies by finding the root cause of issues; work with partners across various cross-functional teams to prevent future occurrences
- Proactively look for opportunities to optimize the data loading structure and develop new approaches to improve the onboarding and integrity of the data
- Provide basic reporting and respond to inquiries asking for insights about the data sets from senior stakeholders, in a timely fashion
- Create and execute unit tests on all solutions, work with Data analysts and QA engineers to ensure product and integrations tests are complete.
- Work with the release manager, data analysts, and prod ops team to ensure solutions are well tested, production ready and well documented.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preference for Economics, Finance, or Computer Science or related fields preferred
- 2.5-5 years’ experience in Big data/Stream data related technologies with Apache Spark (Core, SQL, and Streaming) using either Java or Scala or Python is required. Proficiency with Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS etc.
- 2.5-5 years of experience working with no-SQL databases like Cassandra, MongoDB etc is required. Experience in relational databases in data modeling and development with demonstrated strength in SQL, and stored procedures is preferred.
- 1-4 years of experience in the financial services sector, preferably at a top-tier asset manager, investment bank, or management consulting in a data-driven role, or at a technology firm
- Strong cross-functional experience in data management, onboarding and attribution of large data sets
- Ability to interpret data to help in strategic decision making
- Demonstrable problem-solving, quantitative, and analytical skills; strategic and creative thinking
- Track record of strong performance
- History of effective multi-tasking (manage long complex projects alongside urgent high-priority tasks), expectation setting, escalation of issues, where appropriate
- Experience with financial markets, working knowledge of the asset management and/or financial services industry, preferred
- Solid proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications; expert Excel skills
- Strong organizational, planning, and coordination skills
- Ability to clearly articulate and present ideas both in writing and verbally; to senior management as well as outside audiences
- Experience in working on long-term projects and iterative development cycles where constant improvement is expected
- Collegial orientation; relationship-builder who is solutions-oriented
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of management
- Able to work effectively under pressure and in a rapidly changing environment in order to meet deadlines
- Focused attention to detail and high standards for quality and accuracy in his/her work product
- Professional, positive demeanor
- Collaborative, team-oriented, service-oriented
- Strong interest / curiosity about asset management industry
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Aff
irmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.