Analyst, Derivative Operations - Gurgaon
Description About this role
Are you a Derivative Operations professional searching for an exciting, challenging, multi-faceted leadership opportunity with the world's largest asset manager? Do you pride yourself on building positive relationships, leading and developing hardworking teams and elevating performance? Look no further! BlackRock is pursuing an Analyst to become a part of our team. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your rare skills, eagerness, and passion while giving you freedom to grow expertly and as an individual. What Is Clearing And Collateral?
The Clearing and Collateral Management process attempts to minimize BlackRock's counterparty exposure created by the build-up of unrealized profit and loss (P&L) on Over the Counter (OTC) and Exchange Traded Derivative transactions. Every single day, cash and non-cash collateral is moved between BlackRock and our counterparties and Clearing Members to ensure that in the event of a default, BlackRock is compensated for the costs of re-establishing our positions at the prevailing market rate.
The Clearing and Collateral philosophy is anchored on BlackRock's cornerstone principles: Innovation, Fiduciary focus, Passion for Performance, and the unified purpose of One BlackRock. Through that lens, we strive to build value for our clients by understanding their needs, the markets, and using technology to build outstanding solutions. Key Responsibilities
Experience Who We Are Looking For
- Help maintain a culture of openness, inclusion and proactive engagement, developing a "bottom-up" approach to problem solving that favors creative, data driven, creative solutions.
- Learn to adhere to stringent Operational risk management targets (Key Risk Indicators / Key Process Indicators), working with your manager to resolve and raise aged or high value items.
- Become a technical specialist by actively participating in Technology / Operations meetings, collating and presenting issues requiring remediation and helping ensure strategic projects remain on track.
- Develop strong relationships with external providers, ensuring BlackRock's value proposition, technology roadmap, industry position is effectively communicated and supported. Participate in regular reviews to ensure BlackRock and our clients receives outstanding levels of service from all third party providers.
- Self starter who enjoys operating in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment, who is capable of working as part of a distributed team.
- Creative individual, who possess a passion for problem solving, is numerically fluent, has superior analytical skills and can think creatively
- Deep interest in data, metrics, analysis and trends but also an ability to think strategically and keep sight of the bigger picture.
- Possess an entrepreneurial drive and technical insight to identify control gaps and drive improvement initiatives.
- Superior verbal and oral communicator, capable of articulating complex problems in a simplistic manner.
Want to learn more?
- Candidates from a range of backgrounds who show the right aptitude, attitude and desire to learn, and who are capable of developing a deep technical expertise in this area will also be considered.
- A "Student of the Markets" mentality: Intellectually curious with a passion for learning about the global financial markets and the investment management business.
- Natural teammate able to work in an innovative, entrepreneurial, and fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with agile critical thinking and a problem solving mentality
For 30 years, to drive innovation, BlackRock has bought great minds together. From the very beginning technology was harnessed for insight and efficiency to help our businesses better understand their client's objectives. Again, BlackRock is accelerating innovation and technology to invest even more in their Aladdin platform and looking for people with a passion for technology and a love of solving complex problems to join their teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.