Associate - Developer
- Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
This position will deal with both front-end as well as back-end development that includes Java, dynamic web app frameworks like AngularJS and a host of "big data" technologies/frameworks like Apache Ignite, Cassandra, etc.
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Unit Overview:
With operations all over the world and a range of investment products and services, BlackRock is one of the most complex financial services organizations servicing clients today. In order to achieve operational excellence, BlackRock’s operations teams ensure BlackRock's mid- and back-office functions are consistent and efficient across investment products, client channels and regions. The Aladdin Product Group’s Business Operations & Enterprise Systems team provides technology solutions for BlackRock's operations teams in addition to external client operations teams including investment accounting, performance measurement, reconciliations, derivatives management, corporate systems and client reporting. The team is responsible for a suite of applications including performance calculation engines, client reporting systems, reconciliation and data publication tools. We innovate incrementally and focus on high level of client service through responsiveness, accuracy and efficiency.
In this role you will be hands-on developing highly available, real-time, event-driven solutions to continue the buildout of Aladdin's Provide View and Performance Capabilities. This position will deal with both front-end as well as back-end development that includes Java, dynamic web app frameworks like AngularJS and a host of "big data" technologies/frameworks like Apache Ignite, Cassandra, etc. Our development team ensures the system remains the premier industry solution by focusing on client experience, accuracy, product coverage, seamless integration with front and back-office systems, and the ability to automate volume through exception-based processing. As a member of the development team you will share ownership of these goals and be expected to interact with operational and client facing teams. We offer the opportunity to work with a team of engaged professionals who strive to make quality software that is a pleasure to use in addition to the opportunity to advance your abilities while learning about financial markets.
• Involvement in full SDLC in accounting and performance measurement areas
• Engineer and implement highly available and scalable accounting and performance calculators, workflow and exception management systems, user facing applications and tools using Java, SQL, AngularJS and other relevant technologies
• Implement new business logic into existing financial systems and services, specifically in the accounting and performance applications in order to meet business and customer requirements, working closely with end-users, client operations staff, and other Aladdin development teams
• Work on service-oriented architecture projects in Java
• Contribute to core Aladdin library code used by hundreds of developers across the globe
20% Analysis and Design
• Provide ideas for process enhancements that will result in development projects
• Write technical documentation for planning and strategic reviews
• Understand and refine business and functional requirements
10% Production support
• Establish relationships with operations teams and streamline existing workflows to be more efficient and operationally independent
• Implement enhancements and perform maintenance in existing business operations applications, working closely with the client support teams to address issues that are escalated for resolution
• Providing support for technical and/or operational issues encountered by our partners in business operations
• Track record of being a top performer in current and past roles
• Independent, self-starter, motivated, and collaborative
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must
• Ability to take ownership of large projects and multi-task
• Ability to budget and prioritize time, and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
• Must have a strong work ethic, career goals, and accomplishments
• 2+ years hands-on strong object-oriented programming experience in JAVA
• 2+ years experience with Open Source tools (Hibernate, Spring, JBoss, Ivy, JUnit, etc.)
• 2+ years experience with relational database development (SQL, stored procedures, data modeling). Sybase experience preferred
• 2+ years object oriented scripting design and development experience (Python, Perl)
• 2+ years UNIX experience (ksh, bash, shell scripts)
• Knowledge of SPA technologies (AngularJS) is a plus
• Experience with at least one NoSQL Database (Apache Cassandra) is a plus
• Experience with C++ is a plus
• 4-year degree, CS degree or equivalent experience
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.