Associate - Developer
- Not Specified
- Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
In this role you will be hands-on developing highly available, real-time, event-driven solutions to continue the buildout of Aladdin's Accounting and Performance System. This position will deal with both front-end as well as back-end development that includes Java, dynamic web app frameworks like AngularJS etc
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Role Description :
In this role you will be hands-on developing highly available, real-time, event-driven solutions to continue the buildout of Aladdin's Accounting and Performance System. This position will deal with both front-end as well as back-end development that includes Java, dynamic web app frameworks like AngularJS and a host of "big data" technologies/frameworks like Apache Ignite, Cassandra, etc. Our development team ensures the system remains the premier industry solution by focusing on client experience, accuracy, product coverage, seamless integration with front and back-office systems, and the ability to automate volume through exception-based processing. As a member of the development team you will share ownership of these goals and be expected to interact with operational and client facing teams. We offer the opportunity to work with a team of engaged professionals who strive to make quality software that is a pleasure to use in addition to the opportunity to advance your abilities while learning about financial markets.
• Involvement in full SDLC in accounting and performance measurement areas
• Engineer and implement highly available and scalable web and backend applications, workflow and exception management systems, user facing applications and tools using Java, SQL, AngularJS and other relevant technologies
• Implement new business logic into existing financial systems and services in order to meet business and customer requirements, working closely with end-users, client operations staff, and other Aladdin development teams
• Work on service-oriented architecture projects in Java
• Contribute to core Aladdin library code used by hundreds of developers across the globe
20% Analysis and Design
• Provide ideas for process enhancements that will result in development projects
• Write technical documentation for planning and strategic reviews
• Understand and refine business and functional requirements
10% Production support
• Establish relationships with operations teams and streamline existing workflows to be more efficient and operationally independent
• Implement enhancements and perform maintenance in existing business operations applications, working closely with the client support teams to address issues that are escalated for resolution
• Providing support for technical and/or operational issues encountered by our partners in business operations
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.