Associate - Web Application Development
- Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Oct 18
A full stack developer with strong algorithmic programming experience who will develop applications to extract information from documents using latest cutting edge technologies. Participate in team talent development including training, presentations, and code review; create strong partnerships with end-users and other technology team members.
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock Solutions (BRS) provides clients with customized solutions to their most complex capital markets-driven and investment process challenges. This is accomplished through a combination of proprietary risk analytics and investment systems with the financial markets and business process expertise that comes from being a part of BlackRock, one of the largest participants in the capital markets.
The BRS-Aladdin Wealth-Product team within BlackRock Solutions supports both BlackRock and external BRS clients by providing analytical reporting to help clients understand their portfolio risk, exposures, and performance of portfolios on enterprise-wide levels. To promote higher level of fiduciary standards, Aladdin Wealth builds framework to measure the risk of the underlying investments and deliver both tools and market insights.
With the shift in focus everywhere to “building better portfolios”, there is a significantly increased need to natively and broadly model “funds” in Aladdin:
- Evolve the Retail client conversation from product pushing to consultative portfolio construction
- Provide close to a turnkey solution to asset allocators/owners for assessing the risk of fund investments Gain better intelligence on competitor funds’ risk and performance
The Associate will join the Funds Modeling team in Gurgaon under BRS-Aladdin Wealth-Product. This team models the exposures of funds in Aladdin, and assesses the risk of fund holdings for our clients.
We are currently seeking full stack web developer with strong algorithmic programming experience.
This individual will develop applications to extract information from documents using latest cutting edge technologies. Participate in team talent development including training, presentations, and code review; create strong partnerships with end-users and other technology team members;
Must Have :
- Bachelors or MS degree in Computer Science or engineering related field from a reputable university
- 5-8 years of large scale software development and deployment experience
- Strong ALGORITHMIC programming skills in Java
- Experience in modern web application development
Good to have:
- Experience in use of computer vision for data extraction
- Experience in extracting data/information from documents
- Working knowledge of Python
- Working knowledge of Machine Learning algorithms
- Active in the open source community
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/D/V.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.