Associate, Advisory & Analytics
- Not Specified
- Gurgaon, Haryana, India Gurgaon Haryana IN
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Aug 18 2018-08-18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The Advisory function is a cross-disciplinary team of capital markets and analytics specialists, financial services experts and experienced project managers. Our professionals leverage the firm’s sophisticated risk analytics, data management and financial modeling capabilities to provide a spectrum of advisory services to public and private Banking and Financial Services Institutions. This includes bottom-up valuations and cash-flow projections for complex exposures, developing balance sheet and portfolio strategies based on valuation and risk analyses, transaction support, and risk and regulatory services.
This role will be responsible for leading execution of global, complex and high-profile projects on econometric and financial modeling, valuation of complex exposures and data engineering using suite of programming languages/tools. The position provided exposure on advising clients around areas like risk mitigation, regulation (stress testing – CCAR/PRA, IFRS9, CECL, PPNR etc.), balance sheet management, and pricing/valuation. An opportunity to work closely with senior stakeholders within the firm or at client site in a multi-cultural and challenging work environment.
- Data Engineering: Lead execution of projects on analytics including data onboarding, quality control, analysis, visualization and enrichment supporting model and analytical components of broader advisory projects
- Model Development and Validation – Development, validation, and execution of financial/ econometric/ regulatory models across variety of asset classes using statistical and econometric techniques on small/ large datasets including bottom-up valuations and cash-flow projections for complex exposures and multiple asset classes
- Communication/presenting results and analysis to internal/external stakeholders at all project phases
- Collaboration with global engagement managers and project team on overall project execution and content creation
- Assist in ongoing development of this skill set, training, and talent development as a competitive advantage of our approach and client offerings
- Provide support for business development, lead qualification, and strategic product development
- Liaise with the other functions of BlackRock i.e. modeling and analytics teams on project execution, staffing and resourcing
- Serve as subject matter authority on data engineering and modeling capabilities, staying current on latest developments and trends
- Work in close partnership with leadership including senior management, business development leads and practice areas heads
Skills / Qualifications:
The candidate will be a seasoned professional who has demonstrated the ability to lead and execute projects related to data-driven analytics and statistical / financial modeling utilizing a range of approaches and tools. The ideal candidate will possess:
- 6-10 years of professional experience in banking, financial, and consulting firms on data engineering and model development, validation, and implementation
- Ability to write/develop and understand complex financial algorithms/statistical models (regression/time series) with minimal supervision
- Coding mindset – someone who loves to code and is flexible to quickly switch from one technology to other. Technologies that we work on - R/SAS/Python/VBA/SQL. Programming skills are important since quant/analytical rigor is the secret sauce of our advisory services
- Strong understanding of data structures/architecture, data visualization and statistical tools
- Understanding of econometric modeling (regression/time series) and statistical concepts (distributions, population/sample/stratification etc.)
- Exposure to regulatory and stress testing for banks and financial institutions across multiple geographies e.g. IFRS9, BASEL II/III, CCAR, PRA, PPNR, Balance Sheet Management/Optimization
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to synthesize complex methodologies and analytical content into clear messages for a range of client and internal audiences
- Bachelors/Masters in a relevant technical discipline: Computer Science; Math; Statistics; Engineering; Science; Management from top tier institutes
- CFA / FRM is a plus
- Superior organizational skills, self-starter and ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Team player with collaborative and strong interpersonal skills; mentors and coaches resources along the way; leads by example
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work independently on complex advisory assignments
- Flexible to adapt quickly to different work cultures (read – European, US, Asian) and to travel extensively depending on project requirements
- Unquestioned integrity and the highest ethical standards
- A keen interest in financial markets and a built-in drive to achieve superior performance
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.