Associate, Data Operations Lead
Description About this role Introduction to BlackRock and Active Equities:
BlackRock (NYSE: BLK) provides investment management, risk management, operations, and advisory services to institutional, intermediary, and individual investors around the world. BlackRock seeks to better serve clients by anticipating and responding to changes and advancements in the investment industry and capital markets, and continually aims to broaden and deepen its investment and risk management capabilities. Our commitment to analytical and investment excellence is anchored in a culture that places clients' interests first. We exclusively act as a fiduciary to our clients, never trading as a principal or on our own behalf.
Today, BlackRock serves institutional, retail, and high net worth investors in more than 100 countries. Through the efforts of over 13,000 professionals in 30 countries, we leverage our global expertise and scale to serve our clients. BlackRock is the largest publicly traded asset manager in the world, with assets under management ("AUM") of $5.7 trillion as of June 30, 2017.
This role offers tremendous scope for an entrepreneurial operations expert to make a significant contribution to financial research across our world class investment teams. You will be working with a team that shares your passion for data and its potential to positively transform the investment landscape. Responsibilities Include:
The Operations Lead will own the responsibility of ensuring our ever-increasing inventory of unique and proprietary data feeds continue to add value and provide novel analysis of stocks, sectors and themes across any region or investment class. You will be part of a global team responsible for all aspects of the project lifecycle, from pre-proposal scoping to ongoing discussions and improvements of the data and systems. You will also help promote and maintain a culture of utilizing best-in-class methodologies and tools to execute assignments and improvements at a start-up pace.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Accountable for the assessment and resolution of any production data issues.
- Responsible for managing data quality & accuracy signals and systems & the day-day reporting for both.
- Responsible for data profiling and data mapping initiatives to help make data discoverable and re-usable
- Responsible for reviewing and governing data feeds including access control and distribution
- Responsible for understanding end-to-end data flows and identifying data dependencies in support of delivery, release, and change management.
- Responsible for solving data related issues and communicating resolutions with other solution domains
- Responsible for helping users of varying skillsets work with and solve data related problems.
Skills required include:
- Ideally, at least 3 years' experience in a data-centric team or organization managing data as a product
- Good analytical, mathematical and problem-solving skill
- Exposure to working with production level research, business intelligence or analytics is highly desirable.
- Experience working with or managing volatile, high-velocity datasets
- Demonstrable experience managing a technical team; potentially across many time-zones
- Ability to manage communications and align resources across multiple teams
- Knowledge of Python
- Database experience (SQL, DDL/DML, performance tuning, data modeling).
- Knowledge of modern implantations of operations teams and monitoring methods- DevOps, Command Centers, Synthetic Monitoring, Continuous X
- Ability to identify patterns and anomalies in large datasets
- Ability to define and implement operational processes
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment on multiple concurrent projects
- Experience in working with relational and non-relational databases
- ETL processes and tools with a desire to optimize and automate these functions
Other personal characteristics
- Ability to form strong relationships with front-office stakeholders and data science teams
- Unquestioned integrity and the highest ethical standards
- Work independently and to exercise discretion, initiative, and judgement
- Not afraid of failure and demonstrated ability to learn from past experience
- Perform diverse and complex tasks with accuracy and attention to detail
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, particularly with global colleague
- A built-in drive to achieve superior results under tight timelines
- Find satisfaction and enjoyment in helping others
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.