Automation Architect - Finance Operations Support Vice President
Description About this role Team Overview
The FOS team has a global footprint. Team members are responsible for managing projects that drive Finance objectives forward through initiatives that can have either a regional or global focus. Team responsibilities include:
- coordinating project team activity;
- supporting effective and timely communication among project team members and subject matter experts from across the firm;
- drafting clear and comprehensive business requirements and project management documentation;
- designing sound processes and workflow models;
- partnering with internal or third-party resources to drive design specification sign-off, oversee technical development progress and coordinate quality unit testing;
- providing ongoing project updates to all relevant stakeholders;
- facilitating user training services;
- ensuring timely delivery of effective, well designed solutions with efficient ongoing operational support and effective risk mitigation controls.
In addition to project oversight, on an ongoing basis, the team works to manage the platforms supporting Finance's day-to-day operating model to ensure our technologies remain optimized and our operational processes are sustainable, efficient and supportive of a robust control environment. The team provides level one support for BlackRock's Finance Accounting platform - Oracle R12 e-Business Suite Financials (R12) and as needed, assesses/trouble-shoots and identifies actions to resolve issues that may arise related to the suite of technology solutions Finance employs including Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), IBM Cognos Planning Analytics, IBM Cognos Analytics, SAP Concur, Coupa and related integrations with our proprietary BlackRock Aladdin platform. Role Responsibility:
Critical Skills and Qualities:
- Foster innovation culture and promote process automation efforts in the region in line with global Finance automation objectives
- Drive strategic projects to successful completion, whether global or regionally oriented
- Understand corporate operating procedures, identify and close functional gaps working with Finance leadership
- Ensure key executives and stakeholders are kept informed and engaged as appropriate
- Build consensus to influence regional leadership in support of critical business projects and Finance operating model priorities through development and presentation of clear business analysis and proposals
- Partner with Finance senior leadership in the region, as well as global FOS leadership, to help shape APAC Finance platform strategy
- Minimum experience of 10+ years
- Results driven, experienced problem solver with attention to detail, able to drive positive progress proactively with limited manager direction
- Extensive RPA development and digital transformation experience (e.g. Blue Prism, IPSoft Amelia, SharePoint, etc.,)
- Experience with machine learning tools & good understanding of AI/ML techniques and applications
- Proficiency in VBA and/or Python a plus
- Deep process understanding of Procure to Pay (P2P) cycle; experience with Coupa spend management system and Concur Travel & Expense Management platforms desired
- Understanding of, and work experience with, ERP platforms, specifically General Ledger (GL), Accounts Payable (AP), Cash Management (CE), Receivables (AR) modules required; experience with Hyperion Financial Management software a plus
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools such as Cognos BI a plus
- Clear communicator, written and verbal, able to articulate and present strategic and tactical objectives, including underlying business rationale, with appropriate audience sensitivity (e.g. project team, firm wide functional partners, project stakeholders, senior management, etc.,)
- Working knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) management
- Experience working with global project teams spread across time zones
- Experience working in a matrix manager role preferable
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.