This individual will join the SPM Systems Team in the Sales Analytics group within Moody's Analytics Administration. The SPM Systems Team administers the Sales Performance Management system which provides reporting and commissions calculations for the Moody's Analytics Global Sales Team. The SPM System comprises two modules: Compensation Management (CM) and Territory Management (TM) - The complete system comprises of a rules engine for assigning sales to sales representatives, a database, calculation engine and reporting tool.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assist in the maintenance of the SPM System, including diagnosing and remediating calculation logic, configuration data and transaction import issues as requested.
• Write/update logic statement rules in TM module to perform sales credit assignments, based on territory definitions, using data attributes such as geography, product and size of customer.
• Maintain hierarchies for data attributes used in sales crediting; working with the MA Data Governance and SFDC teams to optimize the data structure in TM module.
• Partner closely with regional comp admins and data analysts. These teams are responsible for the quarterly commission review and are the primary points of contact for the sales organization.
• Partner closely with regional crediting analysts. These teams are responsible for the governance of assigning the correct sales credit to the right payee.
• Partner closely with global reporting analysts. This team is responsible for the daily reporting and sales forecast view of the sales organization.
• Evaluate data availability and assess the needs of the various business partners including local, regional, and global leadership to optimize the process and reporting.
• Partner with salesforce.com team to ensure a focus on implementation of best practices around cross-system data continuity, data hygiene, and business process definition.
• Develop external and cross-functional relationships and work closely with individuals within sales leadership, sales functions, business systems, IT, FP&A, and external IBM consultants to develop insights for strategic and tactical decisions.
• Train and mentor new and existing junior members of the team.
• Recommend and implement centralized tools that sales teams can use to extract data/insights for daily business management in an automated manner.
• Demonstrate key features and values of the system to internal clients
• Participate in cross-functional teams as subject matter expert to support system enhancements as well as integration efforts for future business acquisitions as needed
• Other projects, development, and duties as required/assigned
Bachelor degree in Engineering specializing in IT/Computer Science preferred or in quantitative sciences field (statistics, data science, mathematics, or other related area).
Experience / Skillset Required
• 7+ years of systems / business analysis experience in a large, complex organization
• Experience managing complex databases with a large number of tables, joins, levels and calculation streams
• Excellent problem solver and independent thinker who has the ability to create innovative solutions
• Strong analysis/quantitative skills and the ability to translate analysis into actionable tasks
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts
• Great organizational skills and flexibility to perform under multiple deadlines
• Ability to remain calm under pressure
• Ability to work independently with minimum guidance
• Client focused, proactive and results oriented with ability to support clients across multiple locations
• Ability to coordinate and assist large teams in resolving complex analytical and technical issues
• Strong SQL skills and MS Excel skills
• Prior experience in configuring and/or maintaining a SAAS system
• Knowledge of IBM ICM preferred or other sales performance management tool, and SFDC or other CRM
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.