- Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Apr 18
Data Analyst - Data Governance
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, IndiaThe Role / Responsibilities:
As a Data Analyst-Data Governance, you will be responsible for performing and enabling standard reporting on data quality for Moody's Corporation. The Data Analyst ensures that data quality, as defined by Data Owners, is regularly monitored against data quality metrics. You will also be a key participant in data quality projects and initiatives. The Data Analyst will be expected to be an active participant in data quality projects from both a process and technology perspective and will work closely with his/her peers within the Data Quality organization and across Moody's Information Technology (MIT).
• Measure and report to management on the progress of data quality improvement.
• Maintain and enhance Enterprise and ad-hoc BI Reports and Dashboards.
• Perform data profiling and analysis of data quality against data quality metrics.
• Review integrity of data, both referential and historical.
• Monitor compliance of information flows and data stores against data quality standards.
• Identify areas for data quality improvement and help to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies.
• Work with the Global Middle Office (GMO) or other personnel in Moody's Information Technology (MIT) to make corrections and updates as needed to ensure accuracy of data.
• Actively participate as a member of a team, providing support to team members and fostering a team environment.
• Cross- trains others to perform other related business unit tasks.
• Audit the released Press Releases that were sent by the GMO and work with our internal clients to resolve all discrepancies.
• Review BI reports and follow up on all discrepancies.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• 0-2 years of experience.
• SQL, BI, QA tool knowledge recommended.
• Business Intelligence/Reporting toolset experience is required (Pentaho a plus).
• Previous data analysis experience required.
• Knowledge of ETL is a preferred.
• Previous Financial Services experience is a plus.
• Knowledge of Fixed Income data and Fixed Income markets is a plus. A minimum of 1 year experience required (related internship or academic project work is acceptable.
• Intermediate knowledge of MS Access and MS Excel.
• Attention to detail and results orientated.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.