Data Engineer, Digital Wealth, Analyst
- Not Specified
- Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Jan 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
- The Digital Wealth team’s mission is to dramatically transform BlackRock’s current retail distribution strategy and performance around the globe, by enabling the sales team to deepen and expand their relationships with Financial Advisors & Home Offices by leveraging data to provide thoughtful analytics and by delivering cutting edge technology tools & applications to the sales force. The team currently consists of ~200 people primarily located in New York, Princeton, London, India, Singapore and San Francisco
- We are seeking a talented Data Engineer with strong data management and ETL development skills to join our team. The candidate will work on all aspects of the data management process including the acquisition, onboarding, attribution, and reporting of newly acquired data sets. Opportunities to migrate existing data acquisition and on-boarding processes to new / strategic sources and protocols will also be a priority. The work is expected to combine some project management and basic reporting in support of the team’s overall goals to provide high-quality data that supports analytics and the sales process in a timely fashion
- Top technical / programming skills – in particular, Java or Scala or Python, Hadoop, SQL and experience working with flat files/csv/excel are a must. Given the highly execution-focused nature of the work, the ideal candidate will roll up their sleeves to ensure that their projects meet deadlines and will always look for ways to optimize processes in future cycles
- Participate in the full lifecycle of ETL software development - analysis, design, build, documentation and testing
- Drive the on-boarding and attribution of newly acquired data sets in to our database environment; manage all aspects of the loading process; monitor attribution throughout the process and identify ways to optimize the process each cycle
- Identify, investigate, and resolve data discrepancies by finding the root cause of issues; work with partners across various cross-functional teams to prevent future occurrences
- Proactively look for opportunities to optimize the data loading structure and develop new approaches to improve the on-boarding and integrity of the data
- Provide basic reporting and respond to inquiries asking for insights about the data sets from senior stakeholders, in a timely fashion
- Create and execute unit tests on all solutions, work with Data analysts and QA engineers to ensure product and integrations tests are complete
- Work with the release manager, data analysts, and prod ops team to ensure solutions are well tested, production ready and well documented.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preference for Economics, Finance, or Computer Science or related fields preferred
- 2.5-5 years’ experience in Big data/Stream data related technologies with Apache Spark (Core, SQL, and Streaming) using either Java or Scala or Python is required. Proficiency with Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS etc.
- 2.5-5 years of experience working with no-SQL databases like Cassandra, MongoDB etc is required. Experience in relational databases in data modeling and development with demonstrated strength in SQL, and stored procedures is preferred.
- 1-4 years of experience in the financial services sector, preferably at a top-tier asset manager, investment bank, or management consulting in a data-driven role, or at a technology firm
- Strong cross-functional experience in data management, onboarding and attribution of large data sets
- Strong interest / curiosity about asset management industry
- Ability to interpret data to help in strategic decision making by demonstrable problem-solving, quantitative, and analytical skills; strategic and creative thinking
- Effective multi-tasking (manage long complex projects alongside urgent high-priority tasks), expectation setting, escalation of issues, where appropriate
- Experience with financial markets, working knowledge of the asset management and/or financial services industry, preferred
- Strong organizational, planning, and coordination skills with proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications; expert Excel skills
- Experience in working on long-term projects and iterative development cycles where constant improvement is expected
- Collegial orientation; relationship-builder who is solutions-oriented and able to clearly articulate and present ideas both in writing and verbally; to senior management as well as outside audiences
- Able to work effectively under pressure and in a rapidly changing environment in order to meet deadlines
- Focused attention to detail and high standards for quality and accuracy in his/her work product
- Professional and collaborative who is team-oriented, service-oriented and with a positive demeanor
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.