DevOps Tools Engineer
As an DevOps Engineer at Ameriprise you will play a key role in the monitoring tools team. You will be part of a team responsible for the engineering and maintenance of the enterprise monitoring solutions and platforms. In this role you will often collaborate with partners in other lines of business providing monitoring solutions when new applications are introduced, or changes are made to existing applications. You will help drive the optimization of technology operations though automation and solution delivery, system/services performance monitoring and solving problems.
Engineering and consulting
- Design, build and implement solutions that support infrastructure needs
- Consult on monitoring needs from various application/line of business partners and Aid teams in finding monitoring requirements, design, build and implement monitoring solutions.
- Develop re-usable monitoring patterns and re-usable solutions.
- Design, build and implement Automation and systems integration across different monitoring platforms
- Document and socialize monitoring patterns, solutions, and best practices
Proactive Monitoring & Preventative Maintenance
- Ensure the up time and response time SLAs/OLAs for services are met and or exceeded.
- Pro-actively monitor the stability and performance of monitoring platforms and take appropriate corrective action
- Create action plans to address issues and gaps in monitoring platforms and solutions.
- Use experience, expertise and data analysis to collaborate with manager and team members in the identification of corrective
action to increase efficiency, improve performance and meet or exceed targets.
Troubleshooting & Incident Management
- Actively collaborate with fellow members of the team and contractors/vendors on bridge calls to prevent
or resolve incidents/problems in a fast manner
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues within monitoring space.
Alert & Document
- Alert proper team (per incident and event management processes) to provide warning/notification that a threshold has
been reached, something has changed, or a failure has occurred.
- Document concerns and findings, collect all pertinent data (to include comparison of exception data and normal data) and
ensure incident/event tracking tools are updated according to established guidelines and procedures. Responsibilities
A suitable DevOps Tools Engineer in Monitoring space will be able to
- Understand various facets of an application and various types of monitoring.
- Explain basics of AWS Cloud and relate to corresponding private data center concepts.
- Understand various systems integration technologies (ex: Single sign-on)
- Translate a given high-level design direction into detailed design and code deliverables.
- Independently develop and test scripts.
- Perform system administration tasks for monitoring tools.
- Have a problem/solution-oriented mindset.
- Have a team-oriented mindset.
- AWS experience is a plus
- Automation experience is a plus
- Experience with one of Sumologic, Sciencelogic, Service Now Event module, Dynatrace is a plus Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT, MIS, Math or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in a technology operations organization.
- Proved ability to communicate ideas, issues, and recommendations clearly and persuasively
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends to aid the team in providing 24x7 support/weekend support.
- Experience and ability with entire Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge on Python/Shell/Java Scripting languages Must
- Must know Cloud Resources monitoring.
- Must have troubleshooting skills Preferred Qualifications
- ITIL Foundation certification.
- AWS certifications.
- Strong analytical ability with proven ability in synthesizing data into problem / solution insights and actions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Preferred tools like Dynatrace One Agent, ScienceLogic, Service Now Event (Event Management), Dynatrace Synthetic, SumoLogic (Log Monitoring), RPA monitoring, Ansible or any equivalent automation tool.
- Integrations based on probes, gateways and using web services and tool like Microsoft SCOM.
- Understands DevOps/CICD concepts and tools.
- Understands modern collaboration tools like - Jira and Confluence