Developer - Big Data
The Big Data developer is responsible for development & maintenance of the Data Lake within the Advice & Wealth Management technology team. You should be able to collaborate with technology cross-commits and business teams to code, test and deploy scalable solution and adhering to required quality standards. You must be a self-starter, think outside the box and enjoy coming up with innovative solutions to solve business and technology issues. You keep yourself updated on the rapid technological advances and advise leadership how these advances can be leveraged to improve efficiency and enable new functionality. If you are driven to succeed and prepared to meet the ever-changing needs of our industry, then you are ready for a career at Ameriprise. Responsibilities
• Maintain knowledge of evolving industry trends, practices, techniques and standards on Big Data with focus on AWS cloud technologies and Python/Pyspark from application development perspective.
• Be aware of devops practices and follow appropriate steps/tools to effect code migration during development phase.
• Collaborate with cross-commit teams for implementation of deliverables in all environments.
• Development of code and design to meet evolving needs while adhering to policy and standards.
• Write test cases for Unit testing and Functional testing when the application is developed.
• Conduct and participate in coding and design reviews.
• Manage test plan & risks through development phases to implementation, ensure zero defects are introduced into the production environment.
• Ensure required documentation for projects and/or enhancements are created and updated.
• Monitor and support the production environment applications to ensure optimum stability and performance prior to handing over the code to operations team.
• Be aware of data-warehousing concepts and different facts/dimension based modelling mechanisms for implementing in a datalake environment. Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field; or equivalent work experience.
• 3-5 years of overall IT experience, which includes hands on experience in Big Data technologies.
• Mandatory - Hands on experience in Python and PySpark. Python as a language is practically usable for anything, we are looking for application Development and Extract/Transform/Load and Data lake curation experience using Python.
• Build Pyspark applications using Spark Dataframes in Python using Jupyter notebook and PyCharm(IDE).
• Worked on optimizing spark jobs that processes huge volumes of data.
• Hands on experience in version control tools like Git.
• Worked on Amazon's Analytics services like Amazon EMR, Amazon Athena, AWS Glue.
• Worked on Amazon's Compute services like Amazon Lambda, Amazon EC2 and Amazon's Storage service like S3 and few other services like SNS.
• Experience/knowledge of bash/shell scripting will be a plus.
• Has built ETL processes to take data, copy it, structurally transform it etc. involving a wide variety of formats like CSV, TSV, XML and JSON.
• Experience in working with fixed width, delimited , multi record file formats etc.
• Good to have knowledge of datawarehousing concepts - dimensions, facts, schemas- snowflake, star etc.
• Have worked with columnar storage formats- Parquet,Avro,ORC etc. Well versed with compression techniques - Snappy, Gzip.
• Good to have knowledge of AWS databases (atleast one) Aurora, RDS, Redshift, ElastiCache, DynamoDB.
• Hands on experience in tools like Jenkins to build, test and deploy the applications
• Awareness of Devops concepts and be able to work in an automated release pipeline environment.
• Excellent debugging skills.
• Ability to quickly perform critical analysis and use creative approaches for solving complex problems.
• Strong academic background.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills , and strong relationship building skills. About Our Company
With the right company, life can be brilliant. Ameriprise India LLP has been providing client based financial solutions to help clients plan and achieve their financial objectives for 125 years. We are a U.S. based financial planning company headquartered in Minneapolis with a global presence. The firm's focus areas include Asset Management and Advice, Retirement Planning and Insurance Protection. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You'll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise India LLP.