Director - APAC Controllers
Description About this role Overview of Responsibilities
This individual will lead the team supporting all corporate accounting, financial and regulatory reporting activities across APAC, in addition to providing direct oversight for India legal entity controllership. Building strong relationships across functional and geographic lines, fostering business partnership and developing talent across the region will be key to the role. Primary areas of responsibility include:
Experience and Skills
- Overseeing the day-to-day accounting and reporting activities for all legal entities in APAC, with a direct team 10 locally and working with stakeholders globally;
- Reviewing monthly results, statutory accounts, regulatory returns and board reports for all entities in India, ensuring timely and accurate reporting of these to stakeholders;
- Providing leadership and direction to the team by advocating clearly defined and ambitious objectives, effective delegation, prioritization and flawless execution;
- Ensuring a robust control environment for all financial processes, in compliance with external regulatory requirements;
- Providing support on statutory audits as well as requests from regulators
- Delivering business partnership, insight and support for Finance to the Director and Managing Director in Finance India as a member of the leadership team
- Partnering with the APAC Finance leaders to deliver functional and firm-critical initiatives and advance our regional talent agenda;
- Providing local connectivity for the Finance organization, acting as a conduit between local stakeholders and the team;
- Fostering a highly collaborative, inclusive and innovative team environment.
The successful candidate should have the executive presence to effectively represent their function and firm with local senior management and external stakeholders. Other requirements include:
- CA / CPA license or equivalent with 12-15 years of experience, preferably with a corporate controller or audit background
- Extensive and relevant experience in the financial services industry;
- Knowledge and versatility to represent the full spectrum of finance activities; notably financial / management reporting, tax and treasury;
- Strong technical accounting experience in Indian GAAP, US GAAP and IFRS;
- Understanding of regulatory and statutory requirements across Asia-Pacific jurisdictions, notably in India;
- Experience in implementing and operating contemporary accounting and reporting systems, with project leadership competencies
- Demonstrable leadership skills with an ability to build and manage teams across multiple locations;
- Strong written and oral communication, excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to set direction for their team in a collaborative, goal-oriented and solutions focused environment;
- An ability to formulate strategy for their team and the regional Controllers organization, aligning personal and team performance objectives to the function, region and firm
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.