Director - Intelligent Automation Discovery Lead
Leading the core Intelligent Automation (IA) program team to identify efficiency/ value-creation opportunities by leverage IA capabilities (e.g. Robotics, Machine Learning, NLP/ NLG, cognitive agents,) across end-to-end processes. Providing expertise and input as IA deployments are prioritized, executed, and validated Over time, oversee and coach multiple process engineers in the identification of opportunities using a variety of automation tools and platforms. Responsibilities
- Leading business SMEs in reviewing current state, leading ideation session on future state journey for employees/ customers and identifying key features of future state journey.
- Leveraging process re-engineering methodologies like Lean and Kaizen to optimize processes prior to implementing automation solutions.
- Leading business in identifying Intelligent Automation (IA) capabilities to support future state design and providing input on the feasibility and impact of each capability within proposed timelines.
- As program scales, leading process engineers in designing future state processes across up to 10 different pods rapidly implementing automation solutions across the enterprise.
- Reporting the status of future state design efforts to the Intelligent Automation Solution Lead.
- Acting as a coach and mentor to process engineers.
- Identifying and resolving issues related to end user and customer experience in future state design, escalating to Head of Intelligent Automation as necessary.
- Developing designs for epic and sprint planning and preparing for user testing. Collaborating with developers/ team to resolve functional defects during sprint cycles.
- Helping to refine the Intelligent Automation program best practices and guidelines as it evolves.
- Experience in designing and implementing projects in business process management and automation, in similar role
- Demonstrates deep experience in opportunity candidate selection, prioritization and sizing for maximum value capture
- Demonstrates deep experience in process re-engineering including average handling time reduction techniques (e.g., Lean, Kaizen); experience in future state process design including capturing concise and collectively exhaustive functional requirements and developing them into robust solutions
- Demonstrates understanding of automation tool functional capabilities (e.g., calculations, matching data, OCR, data comparisons)
- Demonstrates experience and attention to detail in requirements documentation (e.g., process maps, scheduling times, Service Level Agreements), for automation
- Demonstrates an understanding of business concepts when advising on identifying potential; has deep knowledge of relevant business domains (e.g., trade processing/settlement)
- Proactively works with process SMEs, developers and testers leveraging best practices to configure an optimum IA
- Has understanding of tech development process and technical requirements
- Experience in business case assessment, process discovery, feasibility analysis for RPA tools like Pega, BluePrism, Automation Anywhere, UiPath and other Cognitive tools and solutions
- Experience in providing thought leadership and insights during PoCs / Pilots across Intelligent Automation tools & solutions like Chatbots, Text mining/ NLP/ NLG, ML etc.
- Driving process excellence, standardization & optimization initiatives using Lean/Six Sigma tools like VSM, Kaizen, RCA, Control-Impact matrix etc. to improve process efficiencies
- Is an active practitioner (e.g., attends relevant industry conferences to stay up to speed on process optimization approaches)
- Embodies and has experience/familiarity with agile mindset and project life cycle
- Engages with the business to fully understand the problem domain to solution with business
- Proves to be independent, self-driven with deep problem solving and analytical skills
- Collaborates with developers/team to resolve functional defects during sprint cycles