Director, Enterprise Risk & Operations
Description About this role Business Overview
BlackRock's Risk & Quantitative Analysis (RQA) group provides independent oversight of BlackRock's fiduciary and enterprise risks. The Enterprise Risk team within RQA oversees those risks which directly impact the corporate entity (i.e. BlackRock, Inc., or one of its subsidiaries), rather than the fiduciary risks assumed by funds/clients, such as investment risks and counterparty risks. The team's focus includes but is not limited to: operational risk, technology, vendor, model and market risk, stress testing for market risk and the quantitative estimation of capital adequacy requirements. Enterprise Risk Management
The enterprise risk function remains closely engaged with the evolving regulatory environment and supervisory expectations, to ensure that BlackRock's internal risk and control frameworks remain consistent with these, and to co-ordinate regulatory initiatives from an RQA perspective (for example, capital and liquidity assessments).
The Enterprise Risk team works with Finance, Compliance, Internal Audit and other control-related teams to ensure an integrated, efficient and complete approach to the risks and controls of the firm from an enterprise standpoint.
The Operational Risk team within Enterprise risk is responsible for all aspects of operational risk, including error investigation and resolution, new product and business change risk assessments, risk reporting / analysis and the maintenance and development of the operational risk framework, including facilitation of risk and control self-assessments. Responsibilities:
Based in Gurgaon, the candidate will work closely with regional and global RQA team leaders, control function heads, and as well as Chief Operating Officers across the business.
- Serve as an enterprise risk manager with stakeholders across a number of business and product areas. This includes facilitation of enterprise risk profiles, risk and control self-assessments and implementation of control enhancements to actively and demonstrably mitigate operational and enterprise risks.
- Lead operating event management discussions to determine resolution and work with appropriate stakeholders to define root cause and remediation.
- Engage business partners and senior management to leverage risk data and trends, for the purpose of informing business decisions, specifically the investment in technology and procedure enhancements.
- Drive the enterprise risk framework forward by assisting with risk training and awareness programmes, business engagement, and broader team-wide projects.
- The candidate should have an expressed interest in tackling the difficult real-world problems, risk and control issues, analytics, reporting and production deliveries. The candidate is required to have outstanding business, communication, presentation and leadership skills. An attention to detail, a strong work ethic and ability to work as part of a team in fast paced environment are other important characteristics.
- Track record of working and managing successfully projects that include a significant technology delivery component.
- Demonstrated track record working successfully managing changing demands and circumstances
- Minimum of 12 years within the risk management function of a financial services, Financial institution, Bank, Risk advisory or consulting organization. Ideally, the candidate will have experience of investment, counterparty, corporate and operational risk management
- Proven independent risk management experience including effectively developing and implementing risk management frameworks and policies, oversight and challenge of front-line risk activities and appropriate escalation through established risk governance committees.
- Experience developing and leading a team responsible for overseeing and independently assessing the front lines capabilities identifying, assessing, measuring, mitigating, monitoring, controlling and reporting current, aggregate and emerging risk exposures.
- Experience working with business leaders to provide advice and guidance on key strategic business decisions to ensure ongoing risk taking activities remain consistent with risk tolerance and policies.
- Proven ability to effectively face off with senior management, risk partners in the first, second and third line of defense, the Board of Directors, clients and regulators.
- Knowledge of key tools applicable in risk management, i.e. Enterprise Risk Management framework, Operating Event Management process, Key Risk Indicators, Risk and Control Self Assessments, Scenario Analysis
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Effective with individual contributors, teams and executive leadership.
- Excellent analytical skills; critical thinking and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills
- Balanced approach to risk taking and reward, but challenge and escalate when required.
- Ability to build and sustain a strong culture including a balanced approach by working in cooperation and consultation with all lines of defense across the enterprise.
- Strong leader who can leverage transformative experience and bring industry leading standards, practices and tools.
- Strong regulatory and business acumen as well as an ability to act as a change agent, influence stakeholders and willingness to make tough, informed decision and pragmatically share an independent perspective weighing business benefits against associated risks.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.