Director, Software Engineering, Enterprise Architect
Description About this role Job Description:
Are you interested in building innovative technology that shapes the financial markets? Do you like working at the speed of a startup, but want to solve some of the world's most complex problems? Do you want to work with, and learn from, hands-on leaders in technology and finance?
At BlackRock, we are looking for architects
who like to innovate and solve complex problems. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your unique skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
With over USD $7 trillion of assets we have an exceptional responsibility: our technology empowers millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home, and improve their financial well-being.
The position is for an Enterprise Architect
within the Enterprise Architecture team. The function is aligned to the strategic goals of the Aladdin Product Group and cuts across domains. EA is responsible for steering the direction of Aladdin's technical and application architecture, establishing, and maintaining standards, implementing governance processes, and measuring alignment to strategy. Enterprise Architects
also work with Product Architects
in defining and steering the design and scope of strategic programs of work at the firm. You are:
- Curious and eager to learn new things, with a healthy disrespect for the status quo
- Willing to embrace work outside of your comfort zone, and open to guidance from others; you make mistakes, but learn from them
- Passionate about technology, with personal ownership for the work you do
- Outcome-focused, with an eye for the details that matter to solve the problem
- Passionate about designing and building quality software and scaling technology to meet the needs of tomorrow
- Building solutions for BlackRock and over 100 organizations who use our technology
- Developing in Java, Python, Golang, Cassandra, Kafka, Apache Ignite, Angular, React and many others
- Committed to open source, and contributing back to the community
- Writing testable software every day, with a focus on incremental innovation
Nice to Have:
- Proven experience as a Technical Architect
- Proven experience as a general Enterprise Architect of large systems in large development organizations
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields from an accredited university
- 10+ years hands-on experience designing & developing technology solutions
- Significant experience developing large-scale distributed software systems and streaming systems using open source distributed frameworks
- Experience evaluating & selecting appropriate hardware and suggested integration methods
- Experience developing and working with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Sybase)
- Experience designing and building cloud-native applications is a plus
- Experience developing using NoSQL and distributed storage technologies
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Experience working with teams across different time-zones and countries
- Experience working and influencing the designs of software architects
- Experience of understanding the application of architectural design patterns such as Event Driven Architecture, Service Oriented Architecture, Micro-Services Architecture, Domain Driven Design, Layered Design
Want to learn more?
- Experience of designing systems for the asset management investment process
- Experience of designing systems using modern web stacks
- Experience of designing systems that work within the security constraints of a DMZ.
For 30 years, to drive innovation, BlackRock has bought great minds together. From the very beginning technology was leveraged for insight and efficiency to help our businesses better understand their client's objectives. BlackRock is accelerating innovation and technology to invest even more in our Aladdin platform and looking for people with a passion for technology and a love of solving complex problems to join our teams Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.