Provide strategic leadership and operational oversight to multiple technology infrastructure functions (including employees, contract personnel and/or vendor partners) dedicated to a portfolio of technical business applications and/or services with specific accountability for Identity and access management (IAM) and in Information Security teams, including: operational maintenance, projects and production support, oversight of incidents and remediation planning, development support, and/or proactive analysis. Partner with the business to understand business needs and develop and drive an operational strategy to meet those needs through solution/service innovation and change management. Responsibilities
• Provide strategic direction to a multi-functional technology infrastructure organization (employees, contractors and vendor partners) with direct accountability for capabilities in the IAM Identity & Access Management) & Information Security Domains. Develop and maintain an organization of high performing people through effective hiring, coaching and rigorous performance/talent management. Plan and implement a resource strategy (internal vs. vendor) based on business need, scope of work, cost, and skill needs. Foster a collaborative, success-oriented team environment where resources are empowered and accountable.
• Developing and leading the governance of identities and accesses, in compliance with the IAM security policy at group level. This includes the definition of global processes to manage the lifecycle of users' accounts and identity in the IT landscape.
• Designs the appropriate IAM mechanisms and tools to be implemented within the Ameriprise Information System and is in charge of leading the functional and technical roadmaps.
• Collaborate with the business to understand strategy, needs and end-user needs. Provide vision, leadership and innovation to leaders and teams in assigned functions to drive services/support strategies to meet those needs. Review and compare offering with current and future needs, identify gaps and ensure strategy addresses gaps. Lead organization to prioritize initiatives based on business need, cost and impact. Collect and review cost, feasibility and impact/benefit analysis to support strategy decisions.
• Manage the annual budget and financial planning process for assigned organization, technical assets/service portfolio and related projects, to include vendor contract budget(s). Prioritize and plan technology/service/support solutions within annual business-as-usual and investment budgets. Collaborate with involved teams across the business and with vendor partners to effectively and accurately estimate work and resulting cost associated with services/deliverables as it relates to area of responsibility.
• Execute and/or oversee the following: (1) collaborate with enterprise procurement to effectively manage vendor relationships, ensure high quality work in a cost effective model and strong service level agreements/objectives (SLA/Os) are established and effectively managed; (2) monitor vendor performance across area of responsibility to ensure agreements are met, and (3) oversee issues and service gaps to ensure process improvements are planned and implemented in a timely fashion.
• Establish and drive processes to ensure: 1. regular review of SLA/Os and performance against them, 2. develop capability road maps and maintain through regular review of offering to identify opportunities for improvement and 3.drive innovative solutions through implementation. Champion effective change management processes within organization and with end-users to ensure effective adoption and desired utilization rates of services, products and/or initiatives.
•Ensure cost, performance targets and goals are met. Monitor management of critical incidents needed and ensure root cause is determined and permanent solutions are implemented. Escalate, address and communicate issues, as appropriate, with technology and business leaders to communicate impact of production incidents and/or achieve timely resolution to issues. Champion and ensure adherence to policies and standards.
• Dynamic knowledge of industry and technology advances to provide innovation and leadership in the selection, implementation and use of tools/automation and best practices to drive excellence and optimization. Establish and maintain productive working relationships with business partners, vendor partners and their resources, as well as other teams across technology. Maintain an understanding of business, business needs, and how technology drives and supports the business. Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, MIS, or related field.
• 15+ years of relevant experience required.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry and technology advances to provide innovation and leadership in the selection, implementation and use of tools and best practices to drive excellence and optimization. Establish and maintain productive working relationships with business partners, vendor partners and their resources, as well as other teams across technology. Maintain a comprehensive understanding of business, business needs, and how technology drives and supports the business.
• IAM concepts & Architectures
• Information Security background
• Experience in managing Security Operation Center and Audits.
• Excellent written/verbal/communication, listening and facilitation skills
• Able to analyze risks and to design an appropriate IAM security pattern (provisioning, habilitation workflow, authentication, master data authorities, segregation of duty, Privileged Access Management, federation)
• Subject-matter expertise across all IAM topics as it relates to both cloud and on-premises enterprise technology, and the relationship between the architectures.
• Drive the adoption of Authentication and Authorization reference architectures for existing, new and emerging IAM technologies.
• Develop effective architecture solutions that not only satisfy immediate project requirements but also deliver a coherent, reusable, reliable and phased architecture to help the business grow and change while aligning IAM security policy.
• Risk analysis Preferred Qualifications
• Certifications preferred: ITIL Foundation, CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CCSP, CEH
• Proven success in ideating and implementing innovative solutions to optimize service, support and operational efficiency/effectiveness.
• Demonstrated maturity and effectiveness in leadership of technical projects and teams.
• Demonstrated superior ability to deliver technical solutions of increasing scope, complexity, visibility and criticality on time and within budget through both vendor (on- and off-shore) and employee resources.
• Highly effective communication skills that includes the ability to translate technical information to non-technical audiences and vice versa.
• Experience working in the financial services industry or other similar, highly regulated environment
• Good understanding on functional concept of Identity and access management (workflows, SOD, recertification access, provisioning, auto-correlation access, ...)
• Good understanding on IT architecture principals and design (e.g SSO, Network, e.g)
• Knowledge of ISO 27002 and ISO 27005 will be preferred