- Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Mar 18
Financial Data Associate
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, IndiaThe Role / Responsibilities:
Within Moody's Investors Service (MIS), the Rating Transaction Services (RTS) group owns and manages the MIS Remediation Program, operational control framework and global tactical operations teams as well as supports the end-to-end transactional rating process through workflow coordination and rating desk services. RTS is looking for a Financial Data Associate to join the Gurgaon MIS Support Center (MSC) team.
As a Financial Data Associate, you will work in a dedicated team supporting a global, operational control process supporting compliance with regulatory requirements to rotate analysts periodically. Role requires you to maintain data integrity of Moody's database and related systems; understand the operational procedures and related regulatory requirements and maintain record of actions taken in Moody's workflow management tools.
• Monitor a shared mailbox to identify in-scope cases for processing
• Monitor the work items processed upstream in the process to check for accuracy and compliance
• Follow process steps to implement relevant data updates in the Moody's data environment to support alignment to regulatory requirements.
• Develop subject matter expertise to facilitate educated decision-making when faced with an exceptional scenario not covered by the process steps
• Collaborate with local and regional team members to solve problems, build consensus on and make recommendations for a path forward when faced with an obstacle or new scenario
• Proactively liaise with team leaders, managers and regional business partners to brainstorm ideas/opportunities to improve and strengthen the operating environment and make recommendations for efficiency opportunities
• Provide a high level of service to internal and external customers and business partners, and be a helpful and responsive resource to the immediate team and managers
• Identify and proactively research issues, exceptions and discrepancies with data, escalate as needed and follow up to resolve
• Identify and update process documentations and supporting materials
This job description is issued as a guideline, Because of the evolving nature and changing demands of our business this job description may be subject to change. You may, on occasion, be required to undertake additional or other duties within the context of this job description, and according to the needs of the business.
• Postgraduate in any stream, or graduate with minimum 2 year experience with good academic results
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong MS office skills with intermediate to advanced knowledge of excel
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to complete transactional processes without error
• Able to confidently follow a process and rapidly develop subject matter expertise without the need for continual quality checks on work
• Resourceful and proactive, continually seeking ways to make improvements in the process/team/work environment
• Willing to take ownership and pride in the process and the team's deliverables, and motivated to provide a high level of service
• Highly organized and efficient; able to juggle multiple in-progress deliverables and move them forward
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work well within a team atmosphere as a supportive, helpful team member
• Capable of managing and prioritizing high workload volumes
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.