- Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Apr 18
Financial Data Associate
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, IndiaThe Role / Responsibilities:
Within Moody's Investors Service (MIS), the Rating Transaction Services (RTS) group owns and manages the MIS Remediation Program, operational control framework and global tactical operations teams as well as supports the end-to-end transactional rating process through workflow coordination and rating desk services. RTS is looking for a Financial Data Associate to join the Gurgaon MIS Support Center (MSC) team.
As a Financial Data Associate, you will work in a dedicated team monitoring market data sources to identify bank loan activity. In this role, you will be required to, research credit facilities and loans, navigate various data environments to make data updates, , interpret policies and procedures, provide a high level of service, and track and report on activity.
• Monitor publicly available market data sources; identify in-scope candidates from bulk filings using excel tools and key characteristics within the data
• Research company filings to identify relevant cases with exceptions and data inconsistencies related to Bank Loans / Credit facilities
• Develop subject matter expertise to facilitate educated decision-making when faced with an exceptional scenario or unique and complicated case
• Ensure Moody's database reflects current and accurate information related to bank loans
• Follow process steps to perform data entry and make data updates within Moody's data environment
• Report the findings / inconsistencies / queries to stakeholders on daily basis
• Actively monitor mail requests and respond proactively to close out open items
• Collaborate with local and regional team members to solve problems, and make recommendations for a path forward when faced with an obstacle or new scenario
• Support the broader local team with urgent, ad-hoc requests
• Provide a high level of service to customers and business partners, and be a helpful and responsive resource to the immediate team and managers
• Track and report on progress for daily, weekly and ad hoc reporting
• Identify and update process documentations; make recommendations for efficiency opportunities
• Partner with managers and regional stakeholders to brainstorm ideas/opportunities to improve and strengthen the operating environment
• Build knowledge and understanding of the tactical tools and broader operating environment including the Rating Processes and related Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
This job description is issued as a guideline, Because of the evolving nature and changing demands of our business this job description may be subject to change. You may, on occasion, be required to undertake additional or other duties within the context of this job description, and according to the needs of the business.
• Postgraduate in any stream, or graduate with minimum 2 year experience
• Some work experience in financial sector / service industry and/or relevant internship experience a plus
• Good academic record with aptitude to learn and grow in the organization
• Strong MS office skills; intermediate to advanced Excel skills an added advantage
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to coordinate with regional teams without monitoring or support
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to complete transactional processes without error
• Able to confidently follow a process and rapidly develop subject matter expertise without the need for continual quality checks on work
• Resourceful and proactive, continually seeking ways to make improvements in the process/team/work environment
• Willing to take ownership and pride in the process and the team's deliverables, and motivated to provide a high level of service
• Highly organized and efficient; able to complete the time sensitive deliverables and move them forward in timely fashion
• Appetite for new challenges; flexible with last minute changes in commitments and deadlines; able to adapt to changes and balance multiple priorities
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work well within a team atmosphere as a supportive, helpful team member
• Capable of managing and prioritizing high workload volumes
• Knowledge of structured finance / corporate finance instruments would be an added advantage
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.