- Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Apr 18
Financial Data Associate
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, IndiaAs a Financial Data Associate, you will work in a dedicated team supporting a global process entering financial data into Moody's internal databases. In this role, you will be required to understand an operational process, perform market data research, navigate various data environments to make data updates, perform data integrity checks, interpret policies and procedures, provide a high level of service and track and report on activity.
• Monitor publicly available data, data feeds and various reports to identify in-scope instruments for the process.
• Search documents on various public sources and other data sources for relevant debts identified; perform outreach to internal and external customers as needed
• Identify key characteristics within the data to determine eligibility for process scope and make decisions to route accordingly down a specific process path
• Conduct in depth research to make an informed decision on eligibility of the instrument for rating. Highlight the results with reasoning to stakeholders.
• Develop subject matter expertise to facilitate educated decision-making when faced with an exceptional scenario not covered by the process steps
• Collaborate with local and regional team members to solve problems, build consensus on and make recommendations for a path forward when faced with an obstacle or new scenario
• Proactively liaise with team leaders, managers and regional business partners to discuss and resolve open questions and brainstorm ideas/opportunities to improve and strengthen the operating environment
• Provide a high level of service to internal and external customers and business partners, and be a helpful and responsive resource to the immediate team and managers
• Follow process steps to perform data entry and make data updates within Moody's data environment
• Follow MIS guidelines and policies to store and file relevant documentation
• Monitor shared mailbox and respond proactively or route appropriately to close out open items
• Identify and proactively research issues, exceptions and discrepancies with data, escalate as needed and follow up to resolve
• Track and report on progress for daily, weekly and ad hoc reporting
• Identify and update process documentations; make recommendations for efficiency opportunities
• Partner with adjacent teams to ensure consistency across various processes with similar process steps
• Build knowledge and understanding of the tactical tools and broader operating environment including the Rating Processes and related Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
This job description is issued as a guideline to assist you in your duties, it is not exhaustive and we would be pleased to discuss any constructive comments you may have. Because of the evolving nature and changing demands of our business this job description may be subject to change. You may, on occasion, be required to undertake additional or other duties within the context of this job description, and according to the needs of the business.
• Postgraduate in any stream with ~2 years' experience, or graduate with minimum 4 years' experience with good academic record
• Prior experience working with financial data and/or relevant internship experience a plus
• Strong MS office skills, intermediate to advanced Excel skills preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to complete transactional processes without error
• Able to confidently follow a process and rapidly develop subject matter expertise without the need for continual quality checks on work
• Resourceful and proactive, continually seeking ways to make improvements in the process/team/work environment
• Willing to take ownership and pride in the process and the team's deliverables, and motivated to provide a high level of service
• Highly organized and efficient; able to juggle multiple in-progress deliverables and move them forward
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work well within a team atmosphere as a supportive, helpful team member
• Capable of managing and prioritizing high workload volumes
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.