- Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Feb 18
Intermediate IT Auditor
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, IndiaThe Role / Responsibilities:
- Maintains an understanding of the financial, operational, and technology process and controls related to Moody's business, specifically for the area under review.
- Demonstrate ability to clearly articulate understanding of the areas under review internally and with stakeholders. This includes professional, clear and concise communication over email, delivery of request for information to audit stakeholders and documentation/ communication of audit results.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate internally and externally in a professional, clear and concise manner.
- Actively participates and listens in internal/external meetings. Clearly captures and summarizes discussion items from the meetings.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and understand the risks associated with the area under review.
- Demonstrates understanding of roles and responsibilities on each audit.
- Understands assignment instructions and applies them as directed; seeks clarity and guidance.
- Executes complex audit test steps and delivers a quality work product, free of errors and on time.
- Approaches interactions with auditees in an organized manner and delivers clear requests for information
- Proactively updates the project status, audit findings and challenges to the lead auditor/audit sponsor.
- Manages multiple tasks, prioritizing time and communicating potential conflicts to supervisor.
- Applies process analysis, business intelligence, and problem solving techniques when planning an audit, performing walkthroughs, and identifying effective test steps.
- Assesses audit areas for potential efficiencies and value-add opportunities
- Upholds and promotes professional ethics.
- Appropriately applies Internal Audit standard approaches, methodologies and tools in work assignments and documents.
- Maintains curiosity and exercises professional skepticism.
- Assists in validating audit findings with audit stakeholders prior to the closing meeting. Collaborates with the project team in developing meaningful recommendations for the audit projects.
- Develops knowledge of data analytics to complete assignments with some supervision and identify opportunities to enhance audit testing procedures.
- Capable of performing basic data analytics functions and visualizations within Excel or equivalent applications (e.g. Access, Tableau, ACL) and leverages the data analytics library for audits
- Understands team objectives and cooperates and collaborates with others to achieve them
- Assists new hires or less-experienced staff by answering questions and providing direction on how to complete assignments.
- Bachelors' degree
- Pursuing CISA or equivalent professional qualification preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in a Big 4 Accounting firm and/or a global organization
- Basic knowledge of internal controls, internal controls framework and risk standards (e.g. COSO, ISO, NIST etc.), SarbanesOxley Act, and financial systems and related technology
- Knowledge of testing IT general controls under Sarbanes Oxley Act
- Basic knowledge of cyber/information security, cyber threats and related concepts
- Basic knowledge of IT infrastructure (switches, routers, firewalls, IDS, IPS, etc.) and IT operations assessment, design, architecture, management and reporting
- Understanding of data privacy and SDLC standards
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- An ideal candidate should be innovative, result oriented and should be able to demonstrate strong communication, interpersonal, persuasion and critical thinking skills.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.