- Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Apr 18
Manager - Accounting
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, IndiaResponsibilities:
The Manager, Accounting works under the direction of their immediate manager to ensure accurate financial statements and efficient financial operations within their function.
• Ensures an accurate and timely monthly close so that all financial reporting deadlines and control policies are met.
• Oversees outsourced accounting firms, as required, to ensure deliverables are consistent with Moody's policies and MGAP.
• Reviews and approves accounting entries, reconciliations and analyses based on Moody's controls and US & local GAAP.
• Liaises with other departments to discuss and resolve accounting transactions, entity financial conditions, policy and procedures.
• Develops relationships with upper management.
• Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine accounting transactions.
• Monitors and analyzes work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
• Proactively performs ad-hoc account analyses and raises issues on a timely basis.
• Initiates research and prepares financial analysis for management (i.e. dividends, cash flow, budget, fluctuation variances, build-ups, aging, process flows, quarterly update meetings, etc).
• Assists in the incorporation or restructuring and operation set up of new entities and the liquidation of redundant entities.
• Applies accounting judgment when reviewing journal entries, reconciliations, contracts, new accounting pronouncements, and account analyses; detailed review with direct manager.
• Identifies, researches, and resolves operational accounting issues through regular and special analysis to ensure proper accounting.
• Identifies researches and revolves, with limited assistance, technical accounting issues.
• Reviews contracts to ensure compliance with Moody's policies and identify accounting implications; provides value-added feedback to legal or other departments.
• Ensures timely execution and completion of ad-hoc projects
• Reviews or prepares supporting documentation and account analyses for internal and external audits; manages audit relationships and acts as principle point of contact with respect to their areas, ensuring efficiencies and timeliness.
• Manages the preparation of external reports, including filings, ensuring an accurate and timely completion.
• Provides expert opinion in US & Local GAAP, internal control policies and Moody's Global Accounting Policies (MGAP) with respect to their procedures.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
• Manages personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
• Works with each direct report to establish annual goals and objectives and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
• Reviews and monitors compliance of financial conditions of specific regulated entities.
• Prepares financial documents and statements in English and local language and presents to Board of Directors and Country manager meetings.
• Drafts local annual director's reports.
• Prepares reconciliations for local GAAP adjustments and alternate account mappings.
• Reviews and monitors compliance of financial conditions of specific regulated entity, producing month-end financial checklist and reviewing cash and capital requirements. Additional audit, statutory and regulatory reporting work to be conducted during the annual reporting cycle.
Experience / Qualifications:
• Must have a bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
• Strong US, IFRS and Local accounting experience (preferably in a large multi-national company or in a major accounting firm).
• ACA/ACCA/CPA or equivalent qualified.
• Expert knowledge of local reporting and regulatory requirements.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of a major financial system (preferably Peoplesoft)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills, analytic skills, and attention to details.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.