The Network Engineer will support the hardware/software/network technologies production environment by pro-actively monitoring and quickly responding to hardware/software/network incidents for one or more technologies within the technical area of expertise. Frequently collaborate with vendor/contractor partners to develop and implement detailed design, configuration and engineering strategies/solutions to resolve issues/incidents while remaining focused on security, up-time and performance. Provide troubleshooting and resolution to routine/semi-complex problems. Responsibilities
- Troubleshooting & Incident Management Perform moderately difficult and independent assignments in the troubleshooting, problem diagnosis, problem resolution and ongoing production support for one or more technologies within the technical area of expertise.
- Responsible for designing, reviewing, approving and deploying robust, stable and manageable solutions while minimizing hardware/software/network downtime.
- Periodically assist in the procurement, configuration, and integration of new technologies.
- Proactive Monitoring & Preventative Maintenance Ensure the up time and response time SLAs/OLAs for services are met and or exceeded.
- Pro-actively monitor the stability and performance of various technologies within area of expertise and takes appropriate corrective action prior to an incident or problem occurring.
- Ensure patching and regular maintenance is performed as required. Actively collaborate with fellow members of the team and contractors/vendors on bridge calls to prevent or resolve incidents/problems in an expeditious manner.
- Analysis Recommend, deploy and document strategies and solutions for software/hardware/network engineering problems/incidents based upon comprehensive and thoughtful analysis of business goals, objectives, requirements and existing technologies.
- Independently identify key issues, patterns and deviations during the analysis. Recommend robust solutions utilizing pragmatic judgement, creativity, and in-depth technical knowledge and evaluation that comprehensively meet the needs of the business.
- Leadership & Partnerships Manage effective relationships and works in partnership with leadership, team members, vendors, and contractors to deliver robust technical solutions ensuring that service level commitments and project time lines are maintained.
- Processes, Standards & Best Practices Participate and provide input in the continual refinement of processes, policies and best practices to ensure the highest possible performance and availability of technologies.
- Documentation Create, maintain and update documentation of detailed design documents, diagrams, engineering specifications, build changes, models, troubleshooting and support guides, systems metrics and Standard Operating Procedures as required to ensure operational excellence.
- Continuous Learning Continuously develop specialized knowledge and technical subject matter expertise by remaining apprised of Industry trends, the direction of emerging technologies, and their potential value to the business.
- The Network Engineer should have an Engineering bachelor's degree or B-Tech.
- 3 to 5 years' hands on Technical experience on Routing and switching, Cisco Wireless, Asa, Palo, Checkpoint firewalls and F5 platforms.
- Experience must include handling day to day troubleshooting, implementation on Network Operations & Engineering roles.
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN, and WWAN design and implementation.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate technical information to non-technical audiences and vice versa.
- Strong customer service orientation and an inherent sense of urgency and attention to details for resolving issues.