Portfolio Analytics Group - Analyst, Applied Modeling
- Not Specified
- Gurgaon, Haryana, India Gurgaon Haryana IN
- Permanent, Full time
- 12 Aug 18 2018-08-12
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock Company Description:
BlackRock is a leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients worldwide. At June 2017, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.689 trillion. BlackRock helps clients meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. Headquartered in New York City, as of September 30, 2013, the firm had approximately 11,200 employees in 30 countries and a major presence in key global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa.
The team seeks a new financial modelling expert with demonstrated project management skills, who can advance the analytics capabilities of the firm's platform through improved models and expanded product coverage. Team members achieve a broad understanding of finance, clients, and technology; they learn to navigate all groups at BlackRock to solve business problems. Strong performers often grow into team leaders with management opportunities to coach and develop junior talent.
Portfolio Analytics within BlackRock Solutions creates and delivers Aladdin’s® analytical capabilities to help the firm and our clients understand and manage their investments and risk. The Active Investing Analytics team focuses on BlackRock’s Active Equity and Fixed Income businesses and also Aladdin’s security level analytics capabilities covering all asset classes including rates, credit, equity, mortgages and derivatives. The team aims to create, creating high er quality investment processes by delivering innovative solutions grounded in our expertise of analytics, the Aladdin platform, and technology.
Job Purpose/ Responsibilities
- Develop expertise in modeling of mortgage analytics and gain in-depth knowledge on structured products such as RMBS and ABS
- Develop broad relationships with BlackRock’s portfolio and risk managers, collaborating with them to articulate clear modelling specifications
- In partnership with our Financial Modelling Group; design, test, and deploy financial models that provide insight into specific securities and asset classes
- Deploy markets knowledge in conjunction with fluency in risk analytics and the Aladdin platform across asset classes
- 2-3 years of experience in a highly analytical role developing, deploying, or using finance models
- Familiarity with advanced analytics, including: fixed income valuation techniques, structured products modeling, option valuation etc.
- Clear understanding of mortgages and structured products such as RMBS, CMBS and ABS
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to collaborate with both technical and non-technical personnel
- Detail-oriented, organized, and committed while leading multiple projects
- Acquired technical aptitude includes experience in Linux, SQL, and scripting platforms
- Adaptability and resiliency when overcoming challenges
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.