Principal Lead - Application Development
The Informatica/ETL Principal Lead - Application Development, is responsible for development, maintenance & support of applications involving predominately operational and relevant analytical data stores for the ETL Team within the Brokerage Data & Services team. The individual should be able to collaborate with technology cross-commits and business teams to understand requirements and recommend right and scalable solution, lead the development & implementation by adhering to required quality standards. The individual should be able to manage and prioritize work requests for enhancements setting accurate expectations with technology and business partners to implement the change at mutually agreed upon milestones and timelines. The individual should be prepared to work in a support role as well to maintain the BAU process for the assets governed by the team. The individual should be able to enforce standards and recommendations for achieving maximum performance and efficiency of the Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence ecosystem.
The Informatica platform for the Brokerage team is the major underlying technology component used to support several key assets involving asset classification, asset movement, settlement processing, trade reconciliation and corporate actions reporting for our business team. This position provides an exciting opportunity for the individual to lead, learn and support an end-to-end platform that supports two of the largest data warehouses in the company. Here, they will be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards them for your contributions. Responsibilities
• Maintain knowledge of evolving industry trends, practices, techniques and standards in ETL and Financial Service domains.
• Manage delivery, priority and distribution of responsibilities to employee and vendor developers.
• Satisfy the role of a product owner and a software engineering lead for the agile product development strategy for brokerage data and services team.
• Design and code to meet business specifications.
• Collaborate with cross-commit teams for implementation of deliverables in all environments.
• Prioritize and manage work requests for changes and enhancements based on business requirements.
• Collaborate with the cross-functional team in Minneapolis to understand and prioritize daily tasks among self and employee developers.
• Work with the assigned QA team to manage test plan & risks through development phases to implementation, ensure zero defects are introduced into the production environment.
• Ensure required documentation for projects and/or enhancements are created and updated.
• Mentor / coach the team of developers on the architectural approaches and practices.
• Conduct and participate in Code and design Reviews, support and maintain existing code/application.
• Ensure required documentation for projects and/or enhancements are created and updated. Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent work experience.
• 10-13 years of development experience with Informatica Power Center (preferably Version 10.2) on Data Integration projects.
• Experience in systems analysis, design and an expert understanding of development, quality assurance and integration methodologies.
• Experience in working in agile delivery model and implement/comply with automation in code deployment.
• Experience in managing agile boards in Scrum/Kanban methodology in JIRA.
• Strong analytic, problem-solving, multi-tasking and organizational skills
• Working experience on Informatica Metadata manager, B2B Data Transformation and handling unstructured data sources.
• Hands-on experience with UNIX shell scripting.
• Strong in SQL and PL-SQL
• Strong Data Warehousing & Database fundamentals in both Oracle DB and MS SQL server DB.
• Strong in performance testing and troubleshooting of application issues using informatica logs.
• Good to have, awareness of basic mainframe tools to analyze COBOL modules to document existing logic that may be required for design.
• Hands-on experience on a job scheduling tool - preferably with TWS.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Preferred Qualifications
• Experience working with US/UK Clients and Business partners.
• Exposure to Financial Services and Brokerage domain is a good to have.
• Certified Scrum Master certification to qualify knowledge in agile practices.
• Good to have, awareness of cloud concepts (AWS/Azure). Certifications will be an added advantage.