- Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Permanent, Full time
Senior Counsel - Employment
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, IndiaKey Responsibilities:
• Providing day-to-day legal advice to Human Resources and Management on India employment matters including: performance management, wage and hour, disability, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, immigration, diversity, employee benefits and other laws regulating employment.
• Working closely with HR, ER and other stakeholders to manage and mitigate employment law risk.
• Providing timely input on regional and/or global HR initiatives/projects which impact the Company in India.
• Draft and/or update, as necessary, offer letters, employment contracts, employee handbooks and policies.
• Advise on interaction with local collective bargaining units and/or labor unions.
• Working closely with HR/ER, participate in or oversee investigations into allegations of employee misconduct and potential violations of employment laws as well as violations of company policies.
• Manage outside counsel relationship
• Oversee any employment litigation and administrative claims.
• Develop training materials and conduct training for Human Resources professionals and Management on compliance with relevant employment laws.
• The successful candidate must be able to provide strategic support and guidance to HR and Management on a range of HR initiatives and issues as well as operational support including by drafting a wide range of employment related documentation.
• Law Degree (8 to 10 years of relevant experience post qualification)
• Or the local equivalent of the above
• Exceptional academic and law firm credentials.
• Demonstrable experience in employment law counseling and litigation
• Experience working in an international environment
• Experience working with senior individuals
• Knowledge of financial services products / markets preferable
• Knowledge of local employment laws in India and, preferably, in Delhi, Gurgaon, and Bangalore.
The Individual should possess:
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to innovatively approach legal issues to achieve corporate strategic objectives
• Excellent administration, project management and document management skills
• Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Able to operate independently
• Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
• Ability to work across various time zones
• Ability to quickly grasp diverse and complex issues
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.