Senior Developer (Java)
- Development, support and enhancement of RESTful microservices and different application modules.
- Understanding of software engineering concepts and responsible for working on full life cycle engineering efforts using Agile methodologies, object-oriented design, and accepted design patterns and practices.
- Experience working with Java, RESTFul microservices, application development skills, and the ability to solve complex application and platform problems.
- Hands on experience with kubernetes, docker or any other containerization platform.
- Knowledge on ELK(Elastic, Kibana, Logstash) frameworks.
- Hands on experience on any API Gateway and management platform.
- Knowledge on service mesh and event driven architecture.
- Knowledge on performance tuning, dynatrace, sumologic. Responsibilities
• Design and develop high-volume, low-latency RESTFul microservices for mission-critical systems with quality.
• Making enhancements to various Java and RESTFul service APIs that meets business and auditing requirements.
• Research and evaluate alternative solutions and make recommendations on improving the product to meet business and information risk requirements.
• Evaluate service level issues and suggested enhancements to diagnose and address underlying system problems and inefficiencies.
• Participate in full development lifecycle activities for the product (coding, testing, release activities).
• Support Release activities on weekends as required.
• Support any application issues reported during weekends.
• Coordinating day-To-day activities for multiple projects with onshore and offshore team members.
• Ensuring the availability of platform in lower environments. Required Qualifications
• Strong footprint In the Definition, Design, And Delivery of Java/J2EE applications including knowledge of software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• 4+ years of experience in developing Web Services using Java/J2EE technologies like Spring, Hibernate/ORM.
Development experience with RESTful services and/or Microservices.
• Should have strong OOAD and Design Patterns understanding and its hands-on implementation.
• Should possess strong knowledge and be hands-on with version control tools like Stash/GIT.
• Should possess knowledge in Oracle/IBM DB2 databases.
• Ability to independently code advanced and complex programs in a "matrix" organization.
• Ability to test (Test NG/JUnit/Mockito) and debug advanced code independently.
• Should have a very good understanding of Agile/Scrum cycle development.
• Exposure to application lifecycle management tools and techniques is desired.
• Knowledge on AKKA Framework or AWS would be an added advantage.
• Experience in delivering projects that meet Quality, Schedule, Milestone and Budget commitments.
• Ability to develop Creative and Innovative solutions and adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity and rapid Change.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate with various levels of Management and with experience in translating detailed analysis into high-level business requirements.
• Strong Interpersonal skills with a history of maintaining good working relationships with Business Partner Teams and other Technology stake holders.
• Should be self-motivated and demonstrate high level of commitment. Preferred Qualifications
Certifications Preferred: AWS