Service Management Analyst - Event/ Incident Management
The Primary role is to create a Event Management Process for the enterprise.
He/She would be responsible for providing the ability to detect events, make sense of them and determine the appropriate control action is provided.
A Person should have excellent understanding of ITIL Service management process.
He/She should be able to handle effective Incident management process and ensure established service level agreements/objectives (SLA/OLAs) are met. Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing an Event Management process.
- Responsible for providing the ability to detect events, make sense of them and determine the appropriate control action is provided
- Responsible for creating and managing Dashboards in ServiceNow.
- Associate one or more events with a single cause in determining root cause analysis
- Use technology monitoring tools to monitor assigned environments and/or technical assets and identify/detect performance and behavior outside of established standards or SLA/SLOs.
- Evaluate current and/or potential impact deviation may cause to infrastructure, delivery or services.
- Event Trends and pattern analysis, identified during analysis of Event logs, which suggests that improvements to the infrastructure are needed.
- Identifying top talkers CIs and collaborate with respective stakeholders to mitigate the impact.
- Identify the actual correlation between high severity incidents and the event/Auto-gen occurred against it
- Determine appropriate next steps (e.g. closer monitoring, further review or immediate action).
Data Collection, Tracking & Analysis
- Use a variety of data collection techniques and systems to collect technology operations performance data as it relates to area of responsibility.
- Analyze to draw accurate conclusions regarding performance, trends and issues (current and/or potential).
- Monitor compliance with defined SLA/Os.
- Monitor consumption/usage metrics to understand trends to assist in the effective management of vendor partners (as applicable).
- Perform trend analysis to identify cause of performance and/or usage issues.
- Collaborate with management and/or Process Owner to determine reporting to drive utilization, efficiency and effectiveness of technology systems and/or services.
- Create reporting templates and dashboards to consistently and succinctly convey trends, consumption, and performance to leadership, business partners and other technology teams (as applicable).
Alert & Document
- Alert appropriate team (per incident and event management processes) to provide warning/notification that a threshold has been reached, something has changed, or a failure has occurred.
- Document concerns and findings, collect all pertinent data (to include comparison of exception data and normal data) and ensure incident/event tracking tools are up-to-date (per established guidelines and procedures).
- Use experience, expertise and data analysis to collaborate with manager and team members in the identification of corrective action to increase efficiency, improve performance and meet or exceed consumption targets.
- Experience in handling infrastructure level issue, deep understanding of network devices, storage, Web tier architecture, databases, application support.
-Knowledge o data flow Required Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT, MIS, Math or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and persuasively communicate (verbal and written) ideas, issues and recommendations.
- Experience in working with clients/customers located at different geographies of the world
- Around 5 years of experience in a technology operations organization.
- 3+ years of experience pulling and analyzing data in support of a technology operations organization.
- Expert-level skills managing and analyzing data in Microsoft Excel, One Note.
- Experience and proficiency with entire Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong, proven ability to multi-task Preferred Qualifications
- ITIL Foundation certification.
- Strong analytical ability with proven proficiency in synthesizing data into meaningful and digestible data points and actions.
- 5-7 years of experience on ITSM tools like ServiceNow, Tivoli based tools.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with event correlation and interpretation, utilizing various monitoring tools including (Dynatrace, SumoLogic, ScienceLogic, HP Business Service Management, HP SiteScope, PRTG, SevOne, SolarWinds)
- Previous experience in an incident management role About Our Company
With the right company, life can be brilliant. Ameriprise India LLP has been providing client based financial solutions to help clients plan and achieve their financial objectives for 125 years. We are a U.S. based financial planning company headquartered in Minneapolis with a global presence. The firm's focus areas include Asset Management and Advice, Retirement Planning and Insurance Protection. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You'll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise India LLP.