Sr. Datawarehouse Developer
Perform a variety of engineering tasks around system design, implementation, integration, and optimization within a technology domain or line of business.
The BI Developer is primarily responsible for business intelligence and reporting technologies and methodologies. In the execution of their role they will perform ETL Data manipulation and cleansing to create and prepare data sets for the enterprise. Act as the BI Administrator for Discovery. They will also build applications, dashboards and reports. As a member of the larger IT team, they will be responsible for delivering best practice solutions using the MS Business Intelligence tools (BIDS, Visual Studio 2017, SSIS, SSAS, etc). They will work collaboratively with partners and team members across the organization, following our technical project management methodologies. Responsibilities
• Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC), including requirements, technical design, development, testing and implementation
• Design and develop or modify ETL solutions using MS BI tools
• Develop, enhance and troubleshoot database objects such as stored procedures, functions, tables and views
• Design and develop SSAS cubes and data marts
• Work on deployments and planning change requests.
• Troubleshoot and resolve production issues.
• Participate in BAU loads.
• Apply generally accepted programming standards and techniques to assure efficient program logic and data manipulation
• Create and maintain data dictionaries, data model and change management documentation
• Conduct data profiling to understand data relationship and quality of data
• Investigate and resolve data issues as needed
• Participate in unit testing and troubleshooting Required Qualifications
• 5-7 years or more experience in data warehouse design and development using Microsoft SQL Server (2012+) BI stack: SQL server, T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS, DAX
• Must have 4-6 years of experience developing ETL solution using SSIS
• Minimum 2 years of experience developing SSAS/Tabular cubes and SSRS reports
• Experience with relational and multi-dimensional databases
• Experience in using script and API in ETL Programs
• SSIS Script Task and Component development experience using VB.NET and C#
• Experience in Extracting, Transforming and Loading data from Excel, Flat File, XML, JSON, SharePoint
• Knowledge of source control tools (GitHub, TFS)
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to convey complex subject matter clearly
• Skill in organizing and prioritizing of work, and following assignments through to completion
• Good problem solving and debugging skills
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related IT field